Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawn_p
Former Member
Message 241 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

Well, I went 2 days without a 'lockup' - i deferred all updates, minimized my usage of chrome, etc.

It will be interesting to hear the results of the phone call later today.  If it sounds like the issue is not going to be resolved quickly, then I will have to start investigating alternative solutions.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 242 of 358

Jump to solution

skeown,

You are quite correct that build number 2.1.167.0 (of McClientAnalytics.dll and McClientAnalytics.exe files) is the one that contains the fix for this memory consumption issue.

I notice some people are talking about high CPU consumption which is a different issue.

rc1946
Contributor
Message 243 of 358

Jump to solution

On my two Win10 systems,

The high memory usage appears to have migrated to be the high CPU consumption. and they are totally useless unless ClientAnalyticsService (McClientAnalytics) is diabled.

When are these issues going to be resolved?

johnbel
Contributor
Message 244 of 358

Jump to solution

I had the application McClientanalytics running 55% to 60% CPU continuously.  I was finally able to delete my McAfee Total Protection and problem went away.  I reloaded McAfee Total and problem has not returned.  I never had a memory overload problem, but I never had Chrome installed.  Hope other's issues get resolved and mine don' return.

vetes
Former Member
Message 245 of 358

Jump to solution

On January 18th I originally posted regarding the memory leak, today my PC is rendered useless because of the CPU leak. It happens in Chrome, I click on it and it stalls taking my PC with it. The client analytics service had restarted itself with the update. I would appreciate it if McAfee would leave it disabled until they fix the actual problem. 20 Days for antivirus software rendering my computer useless unless I disable a part of it. A completely unsatisfactory experience.

user_118800
Former Member
Message 246 of 358

Jump to solution

I've been running the updated version for about 3 days now and ever since it installed I've been experiencing more frequent Chrome crashes and I seen to completely lose internet access. Oddly I still have an IP and can still ping my gateway but no internet apps work. The ClientAnalyticsService has not shown back up as a resource hog since the update, but I have now disabled it to see if it improves the stability of my system.

truffle
Contributor III
Message 247 of 358

Jump to solution

What were the updates from Monday's conference call?

Peacekeeper
Message 248 of 358

Jump to solution

I will try to summarize

1. Issue happens on all windows versions 7 8.1 and 10. It is however  Mcafee version dependent happening on 14.0.r11 and 12 but not 15.1 which few people have and will not restart release for a month or so.

2. If you have the version/build of the program as posted by DougK_t3 ie You have build number 2.1.167.0 (of McClientAnalytics.dll and McClientAnalytics.exe files) and still having lock up by CPU this is a new issue and you ned to start a new thread and call support as it needs a new ticket. Don't shot the messenger only passing this on.

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 249 of 358

Jump to solution

dougk_t3 wrote: notice some people are talking about high CPU consumption which is a different issue.

Doug: This is my issue with Analytics SDK. The problem suddenly started on the 4th Feb. I have never had any issue with this before. My PC had been on all day as usual and I went to use it in the evening and found that it was incredibly slow.

I should state at this point I am NOT a computer expert but I do have a basic knowledge; I went into Task Manager and found that the CPU was running at about 91% and it was Analytics SDK that was the cause. I was very alarmed that despite having McAfee Internet Security installed, somehow a virus or other malware had got onto my PC. I had a quick look at the various PC user forums and found the advice that others have followed i.e. disable ClientAnalyticalServices, and this did the trick.

Yesterday I contacted McAfee and described the problem to a technician using the on-line Chat facility. I was informed that this is a Windows problem not a McAfee one. I then asked the technician these questions but got no response other than “it’s a Windows problem”:

1. By disabling ClientAnalyticalServices, am I also disabling other programs that might be useful?
  2. Why did this Analytics SDK suddenly start up on Saturday and never before?
  3. What is the purpose of Analytics SDK?
  4. The program file concerned is called McClients Analytics exe - doesn't this suggest McAfee involvement?

Can anyone here answer these questions please? Is it really a Windows problem or are McAfee passing the buck?

Peacekeeper
Message 250 of 358

Jump to solution

First check the build number of these files

DougK said

You are quite correct that build number 2.1.167.0 (of McClientAnalytics.dll and McClientAnalytics.exe files) is the one that contains the fix for this memory consumption issue. files found here

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics folder

If latest I will pass this to Doug . If you wanted to attract his attention you can paste his pname link in the post and he gets pinged ie right click on his name and choose Copy link location. I will not stir him till i get your file info.

Oh what the file does is privilaged info so we are told.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community