cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 221 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I would assume the fix will come with or before 14.0.r12. All the lids will bring up this issue of slow down / inability  to access net or mcafee on our monday call.

nuhairi
Contributor
Message 222 of 358

Jump to solution

So, the fix that you guys announced the other day is not fully working?

Please let us know which build and version number will solve this issue.

truffle
Contributor III
Message 223 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks

In my WIn7 machine I do not have a service called "clientanalyticsservice".  I do have a process called "Mcclientanalytics.exe".  I see either one or two or no instance(s) of this process.

How does one know that the "fix" has been installed.  I could not really find an answer in this discussion.

olegr
Former Member
Message 224 of 358

Jump to solution

> I do have a process called "Mcclientanalytics.exe".

I believe it is the same. Mcclientanalytics.exe is the name of application, which starts ClientAnalyticsService.

> How does one know that the "fix" has been installed.

Open McAfee GUI. Hit "About" button. Look at "McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware" section. "Last Update" is time of the latest "fix". Nowadays they do "fix" the issue every day.

truffle
Contributor III
Message 225 of 358

Jump to solution

In order to start ClientAnalyticsService, I think it would have to be listed on the services list as manual or?   I think I read on another thread  that win7 machines does not have ClientAnalyticsService,

Peacekeeper
Message 226 of 358

Jump to solution

Check C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics folder: If date that file is same as last update and after Feb 1 you probably have it. we will request a better way of checking in our Monday call.

Unsure re Win7 question so asking Selvan

user_42988
Former Member
Message 227 of 358

Jump to solution

same problem here

McAfee Total Protection 14.0 R12

McAfee SecurtiyCenter: 15.3.3061

McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware: 19.0.3060

McAfee Personal Firewall: 16.0.3026

McAfee Vulnerability Scanner: 5.0.3053

Operating System : Windows 10 x64

Processor manufacturer :Intel

Bit level:64Bit (Sandy bridge)

Hard disk type (HDD or SSD or Hybrid):Intel SSD

Highest % of RAM used (The peak value noticed):~3GBout of 16GB avilebel (~30% in total of memory usage at thetime point)

Symptoms of the issue (Whether occurs during web browsing or any other action that triggers the issue):

mainly acoured when doing web browsing using Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)

skeown
Contributor
Message 228 of 358

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper wrote:

Check C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics folder: If date that file is same as last update and after Feb 1 you probably have it. we will request a better way of checking in our Monday call.

truffle

Unsure re Win7 question so asking Selvan

I was one of the people who volunteered to test the potential fix.  This is by no means official, but may help so I'll add it to the discussion.

The two files that were replaced were in C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\Legacy

They are the McClientAnalytics.dll and McClientAnalytics.exe files.

The previous version of these files was 2.1.136.0

You can see here the version number I'm currently running (without the issue) is 2.1.167.0

FileVersions.JPG

I don't know if these were the files that are being pushed out with the update, but perhaps someone who is no longer experiencing the issue double checks their files they can confirm that.

Hope this helps.

Shawn

olegr
Former Member
Message 229 of 358

Jump to solution

> In order to start ClientAnalyticsService, I think it would have to be listed on the services list as manual or?

Yes, by default it set to "Manual" startup type.

> I think I read on another thread  that win7 machines does not have ClientAnalyticsService.

If you look at the binary content of McClientAnalytics.exe, it includes "ClientAnalyticsService" substring. McClientAnalytics.exe is the only file in McAfee distribution, which includes that name. A suppose if McClientAnalytics.exe exists in the process list, then ClientAnalyticsService or another service with similar objective exists in the system. Probably under other name.

olegr
Former Member
Message 230 of 358

Jump to solution

Hello, skeown,

Thank you so much for your input. Yes, the files on my computer contain exactly the same details. But there exists the possibility that they provided you with other binaries with the same 2.1.167.0 identification details. We could compare its binary content with MS Windows CertUtil utility (it should be already installed on your PC). Just run it from command line with paths to your files. Output on my computer is the following:

>CertUtil -hashfile McClientAnalytics.exe MD5

MD5 hash of file McClientAnalytics.exe:
ec 8a aa 41 02 b6 d9 2c 4b 79 65 9c e9 33 b4 9c
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

>CertUtil -hashfile McClientAnalytics.dll MD5

MD5 hash of file McClientAnalytics.dll:
46 ec 29 34 0b 7a af 6f ff fd e1 cb 18 21 16 0e
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

Why do I think the final fix may not affect these binaries? The files were updates ages ago, nevertheless I see changes in the problem misbehavior. They could fix some other parts of their software.

BTW Today my Chrome did hang just another time. Engine version: 2880.0.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community