Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radiated
Contributor
Message 151 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

so do you think I should just deal with it cause the fix will be out shortly and it will make everything better?

What exactly is this process doing anyway?  Do you know?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 152 of 358

Jump to solution

That is basically your perogative really. I guess it would determine how much it effects your system performance? I personally do not experience it on my Windows 7 Sp1 Machine. You need not worry about being protected should you decide to apply the work-around though.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
krass09
Former Member
Message 153 of 358

Jump to solution

Same problem here.

Win 10 Pro x64

16Gb RAM

McAfee LiveSafe v. 14.0 R12

Security Center v. 15.3.3061

AntiVirus and AntiSpyware v. 19.0.3060

Personal Firewall v. 16.0.3026

Web Adviser v. 4.04.209

Antispam v. 16.0.30.35

Parental Control v. 17.0.3038

Quick Clean & Schredder v. 15.0.3033

Vulnerability Scanner v. 5.0.3053

Upon start of my qbittorent program, AnalyticsSDK starts to use RAM more and more, till critical point. Not too long ago, yesterday, I had caught this process with use of RAM as big as 7.6 Gb.

screenshot.png

radiated
Contributor
Message 154 of 358

Jump to solution

will the update be posted here?  Or at least a link for it?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 155 of 358

Jump to solution

It is my understanding that our Tier 2.5 Technicians will apprise us.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_138440
Former Member
Message 156 of 358

Jump to solution

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the purpose of ClientAnalyticsService? What does it do? Does it matter if I keep it disabled indefinitely?

lotty
Contributor
Message 157 of 358

Jump to solution

i asked that same question multiple times within this thread. I have not seen an answer directly responsive but i may have missed something.

After waiting and watching a week or so for some feedback on this question i decided to stop and disable the service (ClientAnalyticsService in the windows services)   I also ended task on the open process .. i did this several days ago ...

One thing i did first is to just stop the service .. thinking it less persistent in case i forgot and would reset each reboot until McAfee rolls out a fix .. but the service restarted itself and the memory leak returned.. so i moved to the disable

I still have no idea specifically what this service does and more importantly how disabling or ending task impacts or affects the core missing of the McAfee software.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 158 of 358

Jump to solution

If you have the service (Disabled)  to ease your concerns. You can always install the Eicar 68byte Test string to check your Security/Protection. I thought I had already mentioned this somewhere in this immense thread?

eicar.com

68 Bytes

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
lotty
Contributor
Message 159 of 358

Jump to solution

You did mention many posts ago .. and i attempted the steps but decided to abandon as my network blocks all access to this site and related downloads  ... my firewall appliance runs gateway level AV / Malware and IPS .. i could reprogram and turn all this off .. but i would also have to reverse ..  path of least resistance is to just wait this out

McAfee for me is just an additional and secondary level of AV / malware protection .. that was my main rational for disabling without being 100% sure of the impact on core mission of the McAfee software.

With that said, it would be helpful and constructive for a McAfee engineer or appropriate representative to just tell the forum via a reply that disabling will not affect the core functionality of the AV / malware mission .. or otherwise

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 160 of 358

Jump to solution

If I may, would like to say that my thinking is that especially personally knowing Doug/Technicians involved. Would never  have suggested the workaround in the first place,(Including myself as well) if they considered it to have a negative impact on your system's security/protection.

They have bent over backwards in my opinion to keep everyone informed, and have taken steps to get this issue resolved as expediently as possible. By your having mentioned that you are running (Gateway) Corporate Products/along side your Consumer software concerns me more, to be quite honest.

I have exhausted every avenue of information I personally can, in regards to the issue being discussed. Therfore, I will step back and leave it in the very capable hands of Technicians/Engineers.

Wishing you the very Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community