Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teapot
Contributor
Message 111 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

Used the tool... ignored the fact that it told me to complete everything using normal installs given that's no longer an option. 

Prior to reboot saw some remnants in service manager that I guess it couldn't remove until reboot....

After reboot, this service cleanup thing is still around:

Right clicking to find where it is, it appears it's something that must have gotten downloaded on me by the install because it's in my user appdata\local\temp folder.   Has the short name: 004237~1.EXE -cleanup -nolog

But this appears to be the full info on it:

nuhairi
Contributor
Message 112 of 358

Jump to solution

Disabling Virus and Spyware Protection and Web and Email Protection solve the issue on my system.... for now... The risk is that the system is not protected at all since I cannot enable WindowsDefender with McAfee installed.

It has been 11 days... shouldn't this filed as "Critical Issue" in McAfee? If this issue happened in my department, the Director and GM will be jumping up and down to get this fix ASAP. Memory leak this big is simply unacceptable.

bellevue631
Former Member
Message 113 of 358

Jump to solution

Same here, only way to get on internet is to shut down in Task Manager. Affects firefox, Edge and Chrome, but does not affect apps from Windows store, such as Realtor.com, Radar, Quicken.

Running Windows 10..Soooooo glad I just renewed, Just got rid of Livesafe due to problems and if this isn't rectified soon will be changing my virus software very shortly.  Here's an idea/  Go back a couple of weeks and whatever you updated all our computers with, rollback and get rid of--Just sayin...

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 114 of 358

Jump to solution

​,

Please know that Senior Level Engineers/Devs are aware of this issue and are currently evaluating logs, in a sincere effort to resolve this issue. It is indeed considered to be 'Critical' as it negatively impacts performance. I truly do not know what else I can convey...

Please see these comments;

1/23/2017

Update:

We had a breakthrough on the weekend.

Specifically, we found *a* problem with the Client Analytics, and just this afternoon we received 4 sets of logs that we're hoping will confirm that the issue your system experienced is the same one we've found - which means we know for sure what the problem is, and how to fix it.

If it is the same issue, then we're closer to creating the fix and then deploying that fix.

I want to add 2 disclaimers:

1) we don't definitively know until we review those logs (assuming the logs capture the correct data) if the problem we found is the same one that is causing the problem you are experiencing.

2) deploying a fix is a complex process that depends on several variables include where you live, the language settings on your machine, who you purchased your McAfee software from, etc.  As a result you will receive any fix at a different time from others.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_146575
Former Member
Message 115 of 358

Jump to solution

what can i do in the meantime?  its really hogging up the memory.  i have Mcafee total protection 2017.  please advise.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 116 of 358

Jump to solution

The best workaround to stop this behaviour is to turn off/disable the Client Analytics Service that I believe was referenced much earlier in this thread.

To do this,

1. open services.msc
  2. find "ClientAnalyticsService" in the list.
  3. double-click to open the properties
  4. in the Startup type drop down list, select Disabled

Update on the fix:

Dev has a "Proof of Concept" fix in the form of a new executable that is currently being tested.  I've been asking to get a copy of this for anyone on this thread who would be willing to try it - I'll keep you updated if/when I can get that for you. 

Meanwhile, *is* anyone here interested in trying out this new executable?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 117 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you Doug

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_118800
Former Member
Message 118 of 358

Jump to solution

I'm willing to beta test it for you. Is this just the ClientAnalyticsService.exe file?

germc
Former Member
Message 119 of 358

Jump to solution

If its just one file I'll also test. Had the issue start maybe 2x weeks ago after Windows 10 x64 forced a reboot to apply some updates.

I disabled the Client AnalyticsService as it would eat up 38GB of memory in a matter of days, eventually it cause the machine to run out of memory.

csmicfool
Former Member
Message 120 of 358

Jump to solution

I'm willing to try it, yes.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community