Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuhairi
Contributor
Message 91 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

It has been 10 days. ​, ​, do you guys at least able to reproduce this issue in your lab environment? or pin down what is the root cause?

Is there any setting we can disable in McAfee to temporarily workaround this problem?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 92 of 358

Jump to solution

​,

It has been brought up as a Topic of Discussion on todays Conference Call this afternoon. We will do our best to see how far things have progressed. At this time, all I know is that it is indeed being addressed. For a Senior level Engineer (DougK) to insert himself into the conversation,is a clear indication that it is of priority.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 93 of 358

Jump to solution

Hi All,

We had few users call in to Tech Support and volunteered to share logs from their PC. The logs were shared to the concerned team for further investigation. I will post back to this thread if further logs/information are required.

Regards

Peacekeeper
Message 94 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks Selvan

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 95 of 358

Jump to solution

Update:

We had a breakthrough on the weekend.

Specifically, we found *a* problem with the Client Analytics, and just this afternoon we received 4 sets of logs that we're hoping will confirm that the issue your system experienced is the same one we've found - which means we know for sure what the problem is, and how to fix it.

If it is the same issue, then we're closer to creating the fix and then deploying that fix.

I want to add 2 disclaimers:

1) we don't definitively know until we review those logs (assuming the logs capture the correct data) if the problem we found is the same one that is causing the problem you are experiencing.

2) deploying a fix is a complex process that depends on several variables include where you live, the language settings on your machine, who you purchased your McAfee software from, etc.  As a result you will receive any fix at a different time from others.

HTH

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 96 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks Doug

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
teapot
Contributor
Message 97 of 358

Jump to solution

Is there a manual uninstaller that lets you clean up the mess that my machine has become because of this?   MY MACHINE IS UNUSABLE.    Just tried to uninstall mcafee and a blank white box came up and it took over 5 minutes for it to ask me what I want tot uninstall.   Clicked remove and it took another 5 minutes to put me into what looks like the main console.   Why it's putting me there is beyond me.   Who knows how many hours it will now take to actually do it if it's actually going to do it.   And I have ZERO confidence it will clean up everything.

perryjl
Contributor
Message 98 of 358

Jump to solution

I just wanted to +1 this issue. Win10, 64 bit, AMD Proc, Hybrid (SSD and Spinning).

mcafee.jpg

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 99 of 358

Jump to solution

Did you first go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Remove/Restart.? Then follow up with the McAfee Product Removal Tool MCPR ?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_118800
Former Member
Message 100 of 358

Jump to solution

I've been experiencing this same issue. Today McClientAnalytics.exe was over 23,000,000 KB and growing. If memory serves it took 4-5 days to get to that point as I rebooted a few days ago when WIndows started throwing memory errors. I was busy and didn't investigate until today, then rebooted to clear things up. I have left the service enabled and will post again if it gets out of control before a fix is available. If any of my logs would be helpful please let me know.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Version: 1607

OS Build: 14986.1001

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community