Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuhairi
Contributor
Message 71 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

McAfee WebAdvisor 4.0.4.209 don't have the problem anymore. Other components are not changed. I got the update on 21st Jan 2017.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 72 of 358

Jump to solution

nuhairi wrote:

McAfee WebAdvisor 4.0.4.209 don't have the problem anymore. Other components are not changed. I got the update on 21st Jan 2017.

That's good news.  All the best 😉

alli1958
Former Member
Message 73 of 358

Jump to solution

I have Webadvisor version 5.0.331.0 running and I have this issue - I have to keep restarting my laptop to stop this process grinding my browser to a halt. I have now disabled analytic SDK from my startup processes - please can someone advise if this is right - I am not a technician or engineer, just someone who has been around computers since DOS days and who likes to solve her own problems I initially thought this was an ISP issue but on changing location and service providers realised the problem persisted - and many restarts later realised that this process seemed to the be the issue which led me to this thread.

azbob
Former Member
Message 74 of 358

Jump to solution

Saw some posts about an updated web advisor and their issues were cleared up. I don't use web advisor when my computer slows down. So I updated Mcafee today, turned analyticssdk back on and this is what I got. It's still climbing as I write this even though I shut down edge.

task.jpg

teapot
Contributor
Message 75 of 358

Jump to solution

I realize this comment is slightly off topic, but I'm still seeing the issue (had to kill AnalyticsSDK again today) but I don't have WebAdvisor 4.0.4.209, mine is still at 4.0.4.206,    I did a check for updates yesterday.  Did another today and it didn't update.   If there's a new version, when I specifically manually do an ask for an update, why am I not getting it?

Would think this would be different than a "push" to different places to avoid overloads, etc.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 76 of 358

Jump to solution

I don't think the fix has gone out yet, but the Moderators posting here would know better than I.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 77 of 358

Jump to solution

It is normal for it to be 'Throttled ' out. You will obtain it through a silent update, and realize you have received it after a system restart.  In other words it is normal to not be capable to 'Manually' update the Version/Build. It updates seperately from your other McAfee Features.

Of course I am referring to  McAfee Web Advisor.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 78 of 358

Jump to solution

As for the fix for the AnalyticsSDK Memory leak..It is feverishly being worked on. I might add that I personally do not subscribe to the theory that being updated to McAfee Web Advisor Version/Build (4.04.209)  has any effect on that issue.

Again the (New) installer for (15.1.R0 ) is still being enhanced.

Hopefully available soon.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
nuhairi
Contributor
Message 79 of 358

Jump to solution

my bad.... after a while... I still see AnalyticSDK grow the memory beyond 1GB.... so 409 doesn't solved the issue. Sorry for mis-information.

vetes
Former Member
Message 80 of 358

Jump to solution

I was hopeful that the update to WebAdvisor 409 would be the fix as mentioned but can add my report that it is not. It is appreciated that it is being worked on "feverishly" but it has been multiple days leaving my PC unstable and forcing me to keep the task manager open constantly to end the bloated AnalyticsSDK task with no progress.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community