cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgerlt92487
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Activation Problems...Activation can't continue

I have bought your product at Wal-Mart and have had problems adding it to my computer successfully. It will not activate my mt subscription. This is the message that pops up:
Activation can't continue.
We're sorry, but we're having trouble activation McAfee products. You can being using your products now, but you won't receive automatic product updates.
Don't worry, we'll ask you to continue activation your McAfee products once the problem is fixed. For more help with this problem, please contact McAfee Support.
So, that is what I am doing. I've been getting this since about October. Did I waste my money on your product or do I need to find a new service?
This is also the 5th place I have been told to get advice. McAfee has until Wednesday to come up with some answers before I find another product and make sure this problem is known!
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Activation Problems...Activation can't continue

Some questions please....

1.  What is your operating system and service pack and is it up to date with both critical and non-critical updates?

2. What is your default browser and what version of Internet Explorer is installed (open > Help > About)?

3.  What version of McAfee protection is this...what does it say on the box?

By the way true support is available free by Chat through McAfee Support > Home & Home Office link at top of this page 24/7.

Once activated you will probably qualify for 30 days free telephone technical support too.

See:  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100429&lc=1033

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community