cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitabha007
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Activation Problem

I bought Lenovo Laptop and I got 1 license of Mcafee Antivirus Plus as complement. But after installation it goes for activation and gets stuck. Please help me out.

Attached is screenshotproblem.jpg

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Activation Problem

McAfee relies on IE being able to connect to the Internet with no problem so try this:

Open IE9 and go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset.  OK any prompts then close IE.

Reopen it and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable any you need.

Try activating again.

If that fails try phoning Technical Support - it's a free call, or use online chat and linked through Useful Links at the top of this page.

stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 3 of 10

actually:

1) IE should be default browser

2) Java should be installed.

amitabha007
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Ex_Brit & stanisluv tried everything you said and still the situation is same. Tried calling the support but they keep me on hold for more than 30 mins without replying. I'm from India and bought Lenovo Laptop and got this 1 yr license free with it. Please hlp me out.

Regards

Amitabha

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

Was the computer new when you bought it and when did you buy it?   It's quite possible they gave you an out of date software version.  Does it indicate a version or year on it?   I would try support again as they normally don't put people on hold that long.   The connection must have broken.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

amitabha007,

Is the McAfee Preinstalled on the Lenovo PC or you installed through CD ? Do you have any Product Key / Activation Key for this McAfee ?

amitabha007
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Through CD. Product Key: number erased by Moderator for security please communicate personal info via private message

CD Part# 770-1890-96

SO#: SO1104514

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/01/13 6:22:10 EST AM
stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 8 of 10

Do you have account on McAfee.com?

amitabha007
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Thanks all for not helping me out monday i'm going to buy kaspersky. And will make sure no one in our office renews there mcafee.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Patience, as my mother used to say, is a virtue.  Karthik probably had days off and as everyone here volunteers their time anyway help isn't always instant.   Sorry I wish it could be otherwiise.  Did it ever occur to you to contact Customer Service directly?  If they can't help they can connect you with Technical Support.

See this page for India:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

There is also online chat support and it's all free of charge.

If you go to Kaspersky, I trust you will afford them some leeway.   Good luck.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/01/13 5:15:40 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community