Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrawat
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Activation Issues

Hello Guys,

I formatted my laptop recenly.

I was using Mcafee Secuirty center which was subscribed for 15 months and is active.

But when after reinstallation of windows when i activated the license again it showed me extra license usage and I thought some body hacked my license as the location of IP was also suspicious for me so I clicked on deactivated and thought it will deactivate the license for that user..but it got  deavctivated for me and I cannot activate it now as it require me to pay 7$ more for that .

Anybody can help me out on this,. Is the issue was because I couldn't use the license after formatting the laptop.

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Activation Issues

Well, If you have only one computer that uses this product, I would suggest you to deactivate the particular license from your account page and then reactivate it for the concerned computer, then reinstall the same .

Please click on start – click on run and type : sysdm.cpl

From the system properties window, make a note of your computer name

Then, please follow the instructions here to deactivate and reactivate the license http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100996

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community