Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanW
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Activatin McAfee Total Protection 2010

Jump to solution

Ok I have a laptop that is running windows 7. i used up my McAfee trial that was on it. before the time was up i had bought from Wal-mart McAfee Total Protection 2010. I installed it and went to activate it. when i put in the Product key and tried to tie it to my account it kept saying activation unsucessful. everytime i tried it would continue to say that. and yes i have run the virtual technician. all it told me is my subscription is out of date. something i already knew. all i am trying to do is activate my product so it will update and work properly and have yet to get any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 3

Re: Activatin McAfee Total Protection 2010

Jump to solution

Hi RyanW,

I understand the situation that you have faced with regards to McAfee software on your computer. It seems that you must first need to uninstall existing McAfee software from your computer as you installed new MTP product on top of the trial version of McAfee which was already present, so these to McAfee subscription's/ products will conflict when you try to activate new McAfee product . First remove all McAfee files from your computer by running MCPR.exe tool by downloading it through this webpage under "Useful links" at the top, after running removal tool install new McAfee product & then you should be able to activate the product.

>Also could you please tell me the version of win 7 ( 32 or 64 bit)...?

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

View solution in original post

2 Replies
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi RyanW,

I understand the situation that you have faced with regards to McAfee software on your computer. It seems that you must first need to uninstall existing McAfee software from your computer as you installed new MTP product on top of the trial version of McAfee which was already present, so these to McAfee subscription's/ products will conflict when you try to activate new McAfee product . First remove all McAfee files from your computer by running MCPR.exe tool by downloading it through this webpage under "Useful links" at the top, after running removal tool install new McAfee product & then you should be able to activate the product.

>Also could you please tell me the version of win 7 ( 32 or 64 bit)...?

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

RyanW
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

windows 7 64-bit home premium

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community