Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drekmonger
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

Action Center Not Recognizing McAfee Total Protection

Jump to solution

Upon bootup today, McAfee Total Protection spontaneously updated itsself to version 16.0 R8 from 16.0 R7 (even though I have it set to notify me of available updates and let me choose to download and install).  I have a Lenovo W510 running W7 32-bit.  After a restart, Action Center shows three problems:  Windows Defender is turned off, Windows did not find antivirus software on this computer and Windows Firewall is turned off or setup incorrectly.  Yesterday, before the McAfee update, all was fine. 

McAfee appears to operate normally.  I saw no related Error or Warning in Event Viewer in Windows.  McAfee Virtual Technician reports no problems found.

What's the deal?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Korgman
Contributor III
Message 2 of 4

Re: Action Center Not Recognizing McAfee Total Protection

Jump to solution
Welcome to the club. I've had that happen twice with a version update and had to uninstall, run mcpr, and reinstall to fix it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Korgman
Contributor III
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution
Welcome to the club. I've had that happen twice with a version update and had to uninstall, run mcpr, and reinstall to fix it.
drekmonger
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Yes, I saw your posts, Korgman.  Thanks for responding.  In the "hope springs eternal" department, I was hoping that McAfee would address the issue and I wouldn't have to go through the uninstall-reinstall process.  (I know you didn't receive any such outcome.)  I've done it many times before, but never for an issue like this.     

drekmonger
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Uninstalled - ran MCPR - reinstalled.  Working fine with no Action Center issues.  Thankfully none of my several other Windows 7 computers have been hit with this, as yet anyway.

Drek

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community