cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Divya31s
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

Accessibility for Visually challenged people. Screen reader users.

Hi McAfee Community

I am Divya, a visually challenged person. I use screen readers to operate computer. Screen readers are the software that read whatever comes or appears on the screen. A lay man reads it through eyes but we read it all by listening to our screen readers. I personally use NVDA and JAWS screen readers.

It is unfortunate that McAfee anti-virus software is not at all accessible. It means my screen readers do not read anything when the McAfee application is on. I have spoken to some support team members of McAfee and looking forward to have a word with technical team as well. It is not just me but the entire visually challenged community feels difficulty in using McAfee. It is good software but since it is not accessible, i might have to uninstall it if it doesn't get accessible in times to come.

I really want the company to look into the details and do the needed modifications to make the changes. I am a disability activist and have been making efforts to bring a change in the software and applications when it comes to accessibility.

Thanks & Best Regards

Divya Sharma

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community