cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petbro
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

2 problems since installing McAfee

I keep getting this dialogue box each time I open MS word 2007. Never happened before I installed McAfee. Very annoying.

And when I open scan all I get is this window with nothing else.McAfee - 'This command....'.JPGMcAfee Scan.JPG

2 Replies
Rajiv__s
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2 problems since installing McAfee

Hello @petbro ,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused, i would suggest you to check if windows is up-to-date if not try to update it please share the OS  build. If issue persists kindly follow the below article to perform a clean reinstallation.

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Regards,
Rajiv S

anim8-1
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2 problems since installing McAfee

This was "solved" by suggesting you/we stop using MS Word 2007 and buy a newer version that works with Windows 10. see https://www.mcafee.com/support/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102841&page=shell&shell=article-view

I get the same error opening existing MS Word 2007 documents (not new ones). I think I'll l live with he annoyance of choosing "ok" rather than the $80 per year for personal office.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community