Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnys
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

i excluded a program but mcafee is stopping it

Jump to solution

so i excluded a program by going to real time scanning and putting the panel there that stopped from quarantining it and i wen to the firewall settings then to internet connections for programs and edited it on incoming and outgoing open to all devices and net guard off but when i launch the program MacAfee stops it and says "we stopped something dangerous we caught something trying o hijack one of your apps font worry we took care of it" so MacAfee stops the program how do i make it so it doesn't

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 6

Re: i excluded a program but mcafee is stopping it

Jump to solution

Hi @Johnys 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The McAfee application is working as per design and the executables are quarantined as per the mentioned functionality. We could try to submit the executable file and check for false positive. Please use the below article to submit the executable file for false positive review.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Randaddy 

Greetings from McAfee.

This could be an actual threat. We recommend you to run the McAfee Malware Cleaner and update us the outcome.

McAfee Malware Cleaner

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Johnys 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The McAfee application is working as per design and the executables are quarantined as per the mentioned functionality. We could try to submit the executable file and check for false positive. Please use the below article to submit the executable file for false positive review.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Regards,
Hari

Randaddy
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Me too . . . I'm getting very frustrated with McAfee

Please Stop Removing my Exclusions !

2022-08-06 09_16_02-.png

With every release of Office 365 McAfee removes my exclusion 

Constantly restoring my Exclusion for Microsoft Access is getting tiresome and frustrating.

Or provide a prompt and  easy way to continue to keeping the Exclusion in effect.

Or provide a choice to make the exclusion permanent.

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Randaddy 

Greetings from McAfee.

This could be an actual threat. We recommend you to run the McAfee Malware Cleaner and update us the outcome.

McAfee Malware Cleaner

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Venkat

sebastianpagent
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution
can you help please this is not what you expect but I'm 10 and I'm scared because I've got a 30-day free trial and I keep running a scan and pop-ups of inappropriate content and a virus has been detected keep coming up please please can you help right now????
Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

@Venkat_YM can you assist please

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community