cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pikuhana
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee will start but wont open

Hello, i recently made an attempt to start my McAfee application to see if one of the files from a game that it needed to run was put is quarantine for whatever reason, and it showed the McAfee logo on that sort of loading screen , and then it disappeared after about 15 seconds and McAfee failed to open. I made an attempt to troubleshoot it by downloading stinger and mvt, still to no avail. Is there anything I can do about this without starting over with a fresh copy of McAfee?

2 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee will start but wont open

My advice is to uninstall and reinstall your software as a lot of times something just might not have installed correctly during the installation. Another thought is you may have some type of spyware or malware that is causing the issue. I have seen may times in the past that a fresh installation resolves the issue with respect to not having any malware I have previously mentioned.

Tom K3TG

Pikuhana
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee will start but wont open

McAfee has been working correctly for a few months now, but ill let you know what happens as soon as my father returns home because he is military and is able to get McAfee for free for me.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community