cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geomg
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

I'd Like to Help You Fix an Embarrassing Error on Your Site

I have a screen grab, and then I copied in txt the sentence, and the simple truth is it is a grammar mistake that is probably a result of a single letter missing, but it is one of those impression-type situations where one asks oneself if a company can't get such a basic sentence correct how much can we trust the company in other, more difficult situations?

Then, as I was looking for where one would post about such a matter I seem to be having some trouble finding where members should post questions, or ideas, or help to you; that is simply related to general forum community matters.

I mean, this is a community, correct?

Let me use the vocabulary 'community center' and so the related question is: Where is the Community Center?

4 Replies
Keith_Pearce
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: I'd Like to Help You Fix an Embarrassing Error on Your Site

Hi geomg

Correct, we currently don't have a general, all-purpose forum for questions or suggestions, as you describe. It's a good idea and I'll bring it to our community manager. 

In the meantime, I'm interested in correcting the typo you've found. You can post it in https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-General-Discussions/bd-p/business-general or right here in this thread.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Hi @geomg,

You've found the right place. Thank you for capturing the error. Please share more information, including the URL where you discovered it, and I'll ensure it's reviewed and corrected. I always appreciate the help of our members. 

Also, you mentioned in a separate thread that you've been away for awhile. I want to welcome you back to the McAfee Community. You may have noticed things look a little different. You'll find answers to some of your questions in the Help section using the link at the top of all community pages. You may also use this forum for any questions or comments or I invite you to send me a message @Former Member. In the meantime, congratulations on the new badges you earned this week. 

Sincerely,

@Former Member 

geomg
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

I finally hit "Cancel" and so everything below the dotted line is a copy of the first attempt:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Mr. Pearce and Ms. Tiffany, please excuse the delay in my response.

I did not think to grab the URL of that page, but the content of the txt grab will probably be enough for either of you to identify the page.  See below:

- - - - - Copy Starts - - - - -

"Password reset request has been submitted. Please check you mail for instruction to complete the reset process."

- - - - - Copy Ends - - - - -

EDIT: And now I see an orange banner (Yes, I have a screen grab.) --- an orange banner that indicates I should see some "highlighted errors" and I see nothing highlighted.  You know, folks, this company ought to be indicating a higher level of professionalism in the way this forum software works.  The folks that McAfee has given the contract to are providing some rather sloppy software.  There is, for example, a lapse of at least half a second between a command input and the command being actually accomplished.  And if I were to go to the extra trouble to time that it might very well be longer than half a second.  And what is this constant requirement to go through the anti-bot procedure.  That tells me that a bot can log onto your forum and that indicates a serious problem.  If I were to walk out and look out over a golf course and saw the "greens" were actually brown because the grass had not been properly taken care of I would sure get into my car and go find another golf course.  Folks, your greens aren't green here on this forum.

EDIT #2Now I see that it is way down below and it reads "Verification failed" and that is flat pissing me off!  When we see the vocabulary "highlighted errors" we are going to assume it is something in the text box, because if you think I am a robot you should be specific in that oarnge banner and state it is the verification that I am not a robot that is the problem.  This is another classic example of the software engineers not taking into account that we are human!  You folks sure ain't gonna be getting my anti-malware business.  For sure!!

geomg
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

Ms. Tiffany and Mr. Pearce, I have three screen grabs showing that orange banner thingy and it appears the only reason it started was because that anti-bot software is programmed to not allow a human to state a pedestrian signal is also a traffiic signal.

And I then timed the slowness and it is definitely more than half a second in some instances.

I won't be returning, folks.  I've seen this same style of forum service from other supposedly high-class companies and it just stinks to high heaven.  And you can take yourselves off to that nice cozy moderator's forum where y'all gossip about us regular folks and console each other with thoughts like that 'geomg' is one real nutcase.

At least I haven't resorted to profanity, except when I stated something was pissing me off.  That is not very polite language, I agree.

Been a good learning experience and I'll be recommending that folks DO NOT use this company's product!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community