cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john18
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Full scan either gets stuck at 19% or an error message pops up saying its not you its us

Jump to solution

Tried a full scan after uninstalling a suspicious programm to make sure no virus/malware was left back. After my first attempt to full scan an error message popped up and it said 'Its not you its us, Try again later' After that i closed the app restarted my laptop and tried to full scan again. This time it got stuck at 19% for 10 minutes. After repeating the process or restarting the error message popped up again. I tried a quick scan and that worked perfectly fine. Any fixes?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full scan either gets stuck at 19% or an error message pops up saying its not you its us

Jump to solution

Please post the versions of your program ie of Total Protection or Livesafe as well as version of the antivirus component. This What the mods will ask when they see your post. I ran a full scan yesterday and it completed fine so maybe yours is an older version (which was known to have this issue) or got corrupted.

A full uninstall reinstall may be needed

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full scan either gets stuck at 19% or an error message pops up saying its not you its us

Jump to solution

Please post the versions of your program ie of Total Protection or Livesafe as well as version of the antivirus component. This What the mods will ask when they see your post. I ran a full scan yesterday and it completed fine so maybe yours is an older version (which was known to have this issue) or got corrupted.

A full uninstall reinstall may be needed

john18
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for the solutions, reinstalled and full scan works!

Helter_Skelter
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

"It' not you It's us" box ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

in the last week I have been getting this "It's no you it's us" message when performing a Quick and also Full scan. I am running McAfee Premium Individual on Windows 11. It is at the moment only installed on one machine. The Scan goes to completion, but I don't have a lot of confidence that it's lack detection is reliable. Can you advise me how to proceed please?

Thanks, Helter_Skelter

Helter_Skelter
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Details in my Installation

Jump to solution

McAfee + Premium - Individual

Version: 1.14.212

Release name: 16.0 R114

Affld: 714

Language EN-GB

Last Update: 31/03/2024

Components

Antivirus

Build: 1.1.2569.0

Content creation date 31/3/2024

Content version 1732.0

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community