Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMoRiaM
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Export and Import Firewall Rules, how?

Jump to solution

I've using McAfee Total Protection for a good time now and there is something I am not able to find a answer for: how to export my firewall rules. It is very time consuming and tiring to insert one by one by hand (I had a lot of rules). Every time I setup a new computer or repair one, here in my house, I need to insert them all again.

There is a way to do it for the firewall included with Total Protection?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Export and Import Firewall Rules, how?

Jump to solution

Hello @DMoRiaM 

We are sorry that we don't have a feature that will help export your Firewall rules from your McAfee Total Protection program. But we will take this as a valuable Feedback. Please visit our website for any updates with McAfee or you may also contact us through Community or Support.

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @DMoRiaM 

We are sorry that we don't have a feature that will help export your Firewall rules from your McAfee Total Protection program. But we will take this as a valuable Feedback. Please visit our website for any updates with McAfee or you may also contact us through Community or Support.

Regards,
Madhan M

NnyaFarkinBizns
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

That sucks! I have setup several Windows Firewall rules that I'd like to import. If I can't import them could I disable McAfee Firewall and use Windows Defender Firewall instead but still have McAfee as virus scanner?

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community