cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cornny7129
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Cannot turn off VPN permanently

I need to turn off the VPN for work purpose. But I tried so many time, the VPN will not still off, I have selected to turn on the VPN "when I turn it on," but it didn't work, the VPN will automictically turn on. Even when I click turn off, after 10-15 SECONDS, the VPN will automictically TURN ON again! it's frustrated.    

1 Reply
Evelyn-Hills
Contributor II
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot turn off VPN permanently

Hello, I understand that you're facing difficulty turning off the VPN on your device. If the VPN is automatically turning back on even after you've tried to turn it off, you might find the following steps helpful:

• Double-check for any scheduled tasks that might be causing the VPN to turn on automatically. Make sure there are no settings triggering the VPN connection.
  • Ensure there are no background apps running that could be activating the VPN. Certain apps might have settings that cause VPN connections.
  • Restart your device. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches or issues. Review your VPN settings to make sure there aren't any configurations related to automatic connections that you might not be aware of.
  • Check if there are any software updates available for your VPN. Updates often include bug fixes that could address such issues. 

I hope it helps.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community