Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishna55
Message 11 of 13

Re: All my posts have either been deleted or are marked as spam

Hi @IH8Spam,

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will send you the PM and we request you to respond on the same.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 12 of 13

Hello, do you believe McAfee is committing fraud? If so I can’t help with that but I am interested. I recently made a post about how they have added adware to their software. Link to the Reddit post. If we can find a way to gather the info you have and if it show bad behaviour by McAfee I would like to help spread what they are doing to as many people as possible. 

IH8Spam
Contributor II
Message 13 of 13

No, I don't believe McAfee themselves are committing fraud.

However they have enabled and encouraged this type of spam by:

• Having an affiliate scheme in place without due diligence 
  • Failing to have a published method of raising affiliate abuse complaints
  • Failing to train customer service staff in handling affiliate abuse complaints

If you search these forums complaints about this type of spam go back several years, and typically come in batches as the abuse gears up until the relevant affiliate account is barred.

Interestingly every time I posted here with the relevant identifying information for the affiliate who was spamming me the next batch of spam came via a different referring URL (but same affiliate ids) - most probably indicating that these forums are actively monitored by those affiliates gaming the system.

It is also interesting to note that all the affiliate spam I have received is from a US based marketing scheme. I am not a US resident, and there appears to be no equivalent affiliate referrals scheme in my country of residence, most probably due to our more stringent data protection laws.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community