cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobmatthew10
Former Member
Message 1 of 19

my mcafee firewall keeps turning off every time I try to turn it on???

I noticed after I installed windows 10 that a notification came up that my firewall was down so I opened the program and turned it on but immediately after that it turned itself back off i have tried to turn it on countless times but it will keep turning it's self back off can anyone help?

18 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 19

Re: my mcafee firewall keeps turning off every time I try to turn it on???

Have you tried a complete shut down and restart?

bobmatthew10
Former Member
Message 3 of 19

yes

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 19

Run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes any issues.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

bobmatthew10
Former Member
Message 5 of 19

idk what now it might be a glitch but when i open mcafee it says on when i go into firewall option it says off but the program itself says everything is ok

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 19

Run the MVT program as Peter suggested if not already done so and if no good call support

Services and Support for Home and Office

arthurkottman
Former Member
Message 7 of 19

I'm having the same problem as topic starter. Getting a notification that my firewall is down, when I'm enabling it again I go to the firewall menu and see that my Anti-Spam is also turned of. As suggested I ran/tried to install the MVT program but it doesn't seem to do anything? When I click the MVTInstaller.exe a popup asks me if I allow this app to make  changes to my system and I click Yes. I waited for 30 minutes but nothing happens? I also can't find a program added to my start menu or something added to my LiveSafe software? What should happen running this program?

Running: Winver 10.0 build 10240 (dutch)  /  Google Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m (64-bit) (dutch)

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 19

Will let Peter enlarge on this reply as he has win 10

I just tested the install on win 8.1 and it downloaded a MVTInstaller.exe file that when ran installed MVT and asked do u want to run it.

I am in windows not in the windows app screen unsure if that is the difference will see what Peter says

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 19

It ruins on your desktop, work from there as this is not an App. I'm afraid I no longer use Win 8/8.1 and when I did I used software to make it default to the desktop with a normal Windows 7 Start Menu (Stardock - Start8), so I'm afraid I'm not much good of a guide.

Technical Support is best if you still, can't do it.

Link below, free by phone or online chat.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

bobmatthew10
Former Member
Message 10 of 19

(dont think its a glitch anymore) im having same prob as u aurthur when i turn it on it seems good but when i go into the firewall settings it turns off again

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community