cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawn2k0
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Why is Firewall Blocking all LAN connections for Laptop, Mac, Xbox360 etc, local connection only.

After the recent McAfee updates to 2011 from 2010 version none of our others Pc's, iMac or games consoles can get on line.  We are still a bit old fashioned here, only one connecting at a time via the ethernet port on XP SP3 PC. it all worked Ok before  and even now If I turn off McAfee Firewall and use windows firewall all are ok. i have added the appropriate IP settings for home network in the firewall, shared the internet connection and all settings are as before. I tried using a laptop as a host computer using our existing ADSL modem Thompson speedtouch 330 as I thought this could be the problem but all can connect instantly this way. I have restored to factory settings three times now!! Still the same problem the default ports are open in the firewall I am beat!  I have an unopened Norton 360 which came with the laptop and am tempted to jumpship and remove McAfee. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why is Firewall Blocking all LAN connections for Laptop, Mac, Xbox360 etc, local connection only.

I have the same problem.upgrade to version 2011 the firewall blocked my internet connection .the service tecnichal of mcafee sent me to uninstall ie9 and reinstall mcafee Internet security.all correct.parece mcafee and  firewall versio 12 there are problems with ie9.me wait a month to install ie9.alguien know about this?

Forospyware Warrior
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community