Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 1 of 5

Update to my Personal Firewall-13.8.712

This may be "Much a-do about nothing"  However, due to my periodic bouts of insomnia (3:05 AM, I decided to get online this morning and had a McAfee Prompt  "McAfee has installed the latest updates" Knowing full well that I was already current with my daily updates, I opened Security Center to inspect what was updated? It displayed that an update was applied to my "Current Version-Build (13.8.712)  yet there was no "Build change"  Update occured @ 11.52 PM-10/24/2013

As I have stated in previous threads, on 10/16/2013 I was upgraded in McAfee Security Center ( 12.8.856 ) -Personal Firewall - (13.8.712)

I realise Anti-Spam updates daily to a different "Content Version", and then afterwards has incremental-periodic updates throughout the day to the "  Content Update"

Example- My current "Content Version"- 4741 just updated it,s "Content", after my morning weekly scheduled scan.

My Question being is...Was the update to my Personal Firewall simply a "Content Update" similar to Anti-Spam?

Or.....should my "Build number" have changed. it is still 13.8.712 ?

If I need to send a Screen Capture-Picture...please advise.

I,m pretty well savy to how Total Protection functions, just wondering if this was normal?

I might add that I did not do a restart, especially knowing I had a weekly scan due to start in short time.

Which it did, and completed in (44) minutes-131,215 Files-No Detections.

I apologise if this is construed as a "Dumb Question"....Yet when in doubt...I (always) ask.

Thank you in advance....

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Update to my Personal Firewall-13.8.712

It may simply have been a small patch and thus the build would not change.  Unfortunately they never tell us the details.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

As always, thanks Ex Brit. I was assuming and hoping the same thing. For all is functioning fine it seems.

As inundated as all of you get at times, I was hesitant asking ......

Just as I stated in my very first post, I have obtained a wealth of knowledge simply by observing the responses by Moderators-Tech Support. I personally appreciate the assistance "Yourself", PeaceKeeper, and Hayton have given me in the past.

Chuckle...I can still recall Hayton during one of her posts saying " That she was going to close all (20) Tabs" she had open, following her research to a question, in regards to Site Advisor.

Have a Great Weekend,

CatDaddy      

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

LOL, thanks.  BTW Hayton is a 'he'.   😉

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Rutt-Row !!!!!!  LOL.....Like I said....I,ve learned a "Wealth" of knowledge from reading Moderators responses !!!!

" Proof Evidence"  by your response.... ( Blush)

For the Record....I,m of Male Gender also.

Better get on off here....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community