Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 92

Re: Traffic Controller resets to "Smart Access"

Jump to solution

Then I think it's best to open a  case with Technical Support as there must be a hidden factor that's causing this.

nigelg
Former Member
Message 32 of 92

Jump to solution

Interestingly, since I did Saturdays update SS Build 12.1.323  Firewall 13.1.132 and reset Firewall settings to Default then reset to stelth - it stays on both PC's.

Will report if this changes again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 33 of 92

Jump to solution

That sounds promising.  😉

BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 34 of 92

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Thank you for confirming the issue is been resolved, post the update. However,  I would appreciate, if anyone in this thread; let us know if they still experiences issue and willing to help us understand this issue better. We will do our best to assist you.  

bollo
Former Member
Message 35 of 92

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem.  It has always been there over the years, but the latest update is much worse.  I have found no solution and it is making me look elsewhere for firewall protection.  I have minimized the impact though, by setting individual program permissions, which I check and update frequently - this keeps the smart traffic controller on a shorter leash. Unfortuanatley it still randomly switchs back throughout the day and at every reboot, which makes me angry because I like my system to remain in stealth mode.  I suspect, but do not know, that everytime a program in the "smart" list, that Mcafee has for allowed access programs, requires access it is allowed and that resets the parameter.  I say this because, except for reboot, the setting seems to only change when there is a new program listed in the programs permission section.  This is a nasty bug for people who are concerned about keeping their data secure.  I recall reading about this at one point from a Mcafee tech responder who said they designed the smart controls to allow "priority" software access irrespective of your setting because it was required to keep the system functional - in other words, stealth is only stealth sometimes. 

Peacekeeper
Message 36 of 92

Jump to solution

Hmm I have been testing this since Monday with firewall on stealth and so far it sticks on that. I removed a window's standard program and it was put back by Mcafee  ie IE10. This is because I have smart advice set to auto I assume.

After mcafee auto allowed the program it, the firewall,was still at stealth.

Firewall 13.5.106 Sc 12.6.130

chaywood
Former Member
Message 37 of 92

Jump to solution

I think that this should be tested ion a new computer, new install.  That is when it was doing it for me.

-CHris

Peacekeeper
Message 38 of 92

Jump to solution

Ok have a newly install XP test box will that do or is it only on win 7?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 11/05/13 6:48:26 AM
chaywood
Former Member
Message 39 of 92

Jump to solution

For me it was happening (still happening) on win 7 64 bit

-Chris

bollo
Former Member
Message 40 of 92

Jump to solution

Mine is Win 7 Pro 64 bit

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community