Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zman99
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Total Protection 2016 Firewall for Windows

Jump to solution

Does Total Protection contain Mcafee firewall for Windows 7 support. The webpage does not specifically say that, it does for MAC. The internet security does stated firewall for windows.  If it does support windows they should include it on the web page.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Re: Total Protection 2016 Firewall for Windows

Jump to solution

The Firewall is basically the same in any suite, however is tailored differently when installed in different devices.

ALL Windows suites Antivirus Plus and upwards contain Personal Firewall.   Suites for Apple products may vary depending on what Apple allows to be installed.  Let's not forget that they still insist IOS and MAC OSX are immune to malware, which of course we all know is utter rubbish.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

To answer your question (Yes). McAfee Personal Firewall monitors both incoming/outgoing connections. I personally utilize McAfee Total Protection myself, and have done so since the Product was first introduced. I am running Windows7 Sp1 on this machine.

To get a better understanding of your features, and settings you can access a 'Step by Step' Tutorial/Guide by;

1- Opening your McAfee Security Center

2- Click on 'Help'

3- Click on 'Help' again and it will take you to the Tutorial/Page.

You can then scroll through the many features and get a better understanding of your software.

I hope this helps....

All the Best,

CD/Catdaddy

Volunteer Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Of course having said all of this...that is assuming you have a subscription already.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

On the list there is a see more option the firewall is mentioned there

catalog

zman99
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks All for you response, i have been using it for years.  I did look at the web, but for Mac it spells out firewall and doesn't for windows. See pic Below.  The Box Graphic does the same too, see pic # 2. The third pic is from Internet security which call out Firewall under Windows and Mac.  didn't want to buy new 2016 and it didn't contain it.

mcafee1.jpgmcafee2.jpgmcafee3.jpg

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

The Firewall is basically the same in any suite, however is tailored differently when installed in different devices.

ALL Windows suites Antivirus Plus and upwards contain Personal Firewall.   Suites for Apple products may vary depending on what Apple allows to be installed.  Let's not forget that they still insist IOS and MAC OSX are immune to malware, which of course we all know is utter rubbish.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Locking this discussion as it has been 'Correctly Answered'.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community