cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigallen
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

The June update has not fixed your internet connection issue!

After your update the other day my current software versions are:

Security Center - 11.0.678

Firewall - 11.0.355

And guess what....when I turn my computer on my internet connection, after about 30-45 seconds of the computer trying to identify it, shows up as "Unidentified Connection" "Local Access Only".  I am still having to go into the Network Center and disable and re-enable my connection or repair the connection for it to find my internet connection.  I am again going to say this as simply as I can......THIS IS A ISSUE WITH YOUR SOFTWARE.  I can uninstall your software, turn my computer off, power it back up, and it finds my internet connection in less than 2 seconds.  As soon as I re-install your software, turn my computer off, power it back up, the issue starts back up.

If you want people to stop mentioning other AV programs and switching to them......FIX YOUR'S!

I just find your lack luster expedition of getting this issue fixed disturbing.  Having your software start screwing up something as basic, and necessary, computer function and you not fix this ASAP...you just post a FAQ telling us how to cope with it until you get around to fixing it.

Your's worked perfectly fine before the April update.  Why has no one at McAfee thought, "We should roll these back to the version that was working with no issues.  Then we can take these new versions and work on them til we get it right."  Making the people who basically are paying you/them deal with this crap of having to do the fixes you keep listing in that FAQ is pathetic.  I am sure I speak for everyone of us with this issue when I say this.

I have used McAfee for almost 5 years now.  I switched to you because the AV I was using at the time had a major issue that came up with it.  They dragged their feet, just as you are starting to do with this, and I dropped them, as did tens of thousands of others, and I started using McAfee.  With my subscription coming up soon I will not renew it unless this issue is fixed, and I'll find another option.  I have never had an issue with your software til now, but this issue is a deal breaker.  I just can't see how you can't see this!

7 Replies
markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 2 of 8

Re: The June update has not fixed your internet connection issue!

Not sure why this happened. I received the same update with no connection issues, just issues with the Virtual Technician.

I am not an expert by any means, but if you are using a gateway router is there anything you changed in there recently?

craigallen
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

This issue started with the update from April.  They said the June update was supposed to fix it and it didn't.  I have not changed anything both software or hardware wise at all.  If you were not having any connection issues after the April update you wouldn't have any after the June update.  I am waiting for a Moderator or a Tech to tell me if there is anything else I need to try before I drop this AV for another.  I am not renewing a subscription for a AV that has had an issue like this for so long.....we are talking almost 2 months now with no fix.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

I too have experienced this and in fact was among the first people to notice it.  By fixing the IP and subnet address in my iPV4 network settings I got around it but this is rather complicated and shouldn't have to be done.   We Moderators are constantly bugging McAfee about this, don't think we aren't.   The last we heard was that they had gathered logs and the results were inconclusive and they can't figure out what is causing it, but as we have another Conference Call with them this afternoon at 4pm Eastern (US) time I'll post if there's news.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/06/12 6:38:11 EDT AM
craigallen
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Well it just a suggestion....tell them in that conference call to rollback the software to when it worked and start over on the newer version.  If this isn't fixed soon you can let them know that their inability to deal with this issue promptly just cost them a 5 year user.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

They can't do that unfortunately.  They are aware of the frustration believe me, I've yelled at them, more or less.   It is being treated with high priority but they haven't yet been able to pinpoint exactly what is causing the issue.  I and many others have provided logs for analysis and no joy yet.

The fix you mentioned was compiled before this issue came to light.    'Fixes' always have to go through testing and trial stages so are always slightly behind any new issues.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/06/12 4:27:52 EDT PM
duckie
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

This is the first time I post anything so bear with me please

Why exactly is it impossible to roll back the software to the latest working version - the one before the April upgrade? Isn't it standard procedure in software development that if new software doesn't work properly, you go back to the latest working version and try to investigate the problem from there?

Regards,

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

All I know is that it is not possible as updates include many fixes not just one and that's not even counting for the daily DAT's.   This particular problem is not effecting everyone so the normal way of dealing with it is for support to gather as much information as they can and work from there.

The last word I heard was that nobody could isolate exactly what it was that causes this but they are dealing with it on a high-priority basis.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community