cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peele87
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Switching from McAfee firewall to Windows firewall.

I'm running Windows 7, I've recently discovered that McAfee's firewall is really screwing up my connectivity so I disabled it for the time being and my internet seems to be running smoothly. I don't want to completely uninstall McAfee, I still use their PC scan option, but I do want to switch to Windows Firewall. I go to the Action Center in my Control Panel, click on "View Firewall Options" click on turn on Windows Firewall and nothing happens. If I go to Windows Firewall in my Control Panel that says "These Settings are being managed by McAfee Personal Firewall." So, how do I switch that https://nox.tips/?

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: Switching from McAfee firewall to Windows firewall.

This what a mod posted

Kindly follow the below steps to disable McAfee firewall and enable windows firewall.

i)Open McAfee application by clicking on the McAfee icon.
ii)Click on "Firewall" and then select "Turn off".
iii)Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of your computer screen.
iv)Type "Windows Firewall" in the search bar and select "Windows Firewall" from the list of search results.
v)Click on "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" on the left side of the screen.
vi)Select "Turn on Windows Firewall" .

If no go best contact support maybe Win 7 issue thought McFee is now not Win7 proof

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community