cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKSS
Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Problems accessing the website

Google browser has installed Macfee plug-in. When you open the website, there will be a danger alarm. Your website also has HTTPS. Why

26 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 27

Re: Problems accessing the website

@KKSS 

Sorry for inconvenience caused. Please let us know whether this happens for all the websites or to the specific websites. Requesting to share the screenshot for the same.

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
KKSS
Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Please answer me

sivasubramanian
Message 4 of 27

Re: Please answer me

@KKSS 

McAfee WebAdvisor and McAfee SiteAdvisor services report on the safety of websites by 'crawling' the internet, and testing websites for malware, exploits, and other threats.

WebAdvisor and SiteAdvisor do not ban or block websites. They help you decide which websites are safe and which can be avoided, by displaying the results of our safety tests.
  • If a website gets a green rating, it's safe to use
  • If a website is found to contain malware or some other threat, the site gets a red rating
If you try to browse to a website with red rating, you are directed to a temporary warning page instead of the requested site. You can choose not to visit the site, or you can disregard our warning and visit the site anyway, using a link provided on the warning page.

NOTE: Green ratings only indicate that the website is free from threats. It must not be taken as an endorsement of a particular website's content, or as a general quality rating.

Regards
Siva N
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
KKSS
Contributor
Message 5 of 27

How to rate websites
sivasubramanian
Message 6 of 27

@KKSS 

We request you to follow the steps as per our article McAfee WebAdvisor website rating dispute resolution process which helps to categorize the websites.

Regards
Siva N 

KKSS
Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Will my own website be prompted if you don't evaluate it
sivasubramanian
Message 8 of 27

@KKSS 

The McAfee WebAdvisor and McAfee SiteAdvisor Site Rating represents the classification of a website's reputation by McAfee.

The site rating is based on several attributes. Based on our automated website scanning, these attributes provide the best indication of the reputation of a site over time.

These attributes include:

• Suspicious downloads
  • Browser exploits
  • Number of emails sent by the website
  • Affiliations with other websites
  • Pop-ups generated

IMPORTANT: McAfee WebAdvisor and McAfee SiteAdvisor site ratings are not real-time scores; the ratings reflect the information we collected at the time of each site visit.

If you think that a website has been classified incorrectly, submit a dispute request asking for a re-evaluation of the website.

For website owners, before you submit a dispute request, make sure that you have addressed anything that could potentially produce a negative classification. For example, you must remove any downloads that might appear suspicious, reduce or eliminate the number of pop-ups generated.

We will help you to categorize the website if you are the owner of that website or you can also file the dispute for the same by following the below steps

Solution
How to submit a dispute request
    1. Go to TrustedSource.org.
    2. Click Register and complete the form.
    3. Click Register at the bottom of the form, and wait to receive an Account Validation email from McAfee TrustedSource.
    4. Open the email, and click the link to activate your account.
    5. Sign in to TrustedSource.org.
    6. Select McAfee SiteAdvisor/WebControl (Enterprise) from the drop-down list.
    7. Type in the address of a website, for example www.mcafee.com, then click Check URL.
    8. Optionally, select up to three categories for the site.
    9. Type any additional information that you want to share in the Optional comment field.

NOTE: Provide as much information as possible about why you feel that the rating is in error. If you are the website owner, let us know us about changes that you made to your site, which might have an impact on the rating.

1. Click Submit URL for Review. You receive a ticket ID for your records.
Wait for 5–7 days and verify your website again. If the website is still rated as risky, email: sites@mcafee.com to follow up on your request.

Regards
Siva N
KKSS
Contributor
Message 9 of 27

This is only prompted by Google browser
KKSS
Contributor
Message 10 of 27

If he doesn't evaluate, he will prompt, right?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community