cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fg4071
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

Problem trying to activate windows firewall

Well, somebody tell that i had to uninstall McAffe firewall to solve this problem so i did but i have this problem still.

PLEASE HELP!!!

error3.jpg

10 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problem trying to activate windows firewall

It appears you are using Windows 8 so I will proceed on that assumption.

When you uninstalled McAfee did you then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot afterwards?

Try that and then try this following link to restore Windows 8 Services:  http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/9413-services-restore-default-services-windows-8-a.html

fg4071
Former Member
Message 3 of 11

i did exactly what it says on the link but i still have the same problem..

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 11

Well McAfee Technical Support can't help you if you are no longer using the software but you might be able to repair Windows 8 by doing a System File Check

See the tutorial:  http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3047-sfc-scannow-command-run-windows-8-a.html

I'm still assuming this is Windows 8 as you haven't given any information.

Also confirm please that McAfee software is no longer installed.

fg4071
Former Member
Message 5 of 11

Yes I'm using windows 8 and McAfee is uninstalled from my computer but i guess i'm going to install it again. Because i can't solve this problem.

Message was edited by: fg4071 on 8/12/13 7:52:38 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 11

Well if that tutorial didn't help.  Reinstall McAfee then contact Technical Support viaa the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

It will ask you to run the Virtual Technician before connecting you and that can often fix things alone.

djfil
Former Member
Message 7 of 11

Is this after a previous zeroaccess infection detection\removal?  I have a client with Windows 8 who had the ZeroAccess infection.  And so far we are unable to repair their windows firewall thru standard methods (that has been working with Windows 7, etc).  It's too bad, since McAfee's Firewall is dependant on the Windows Firewall service to be working.

fg4071
Former Member
Message 8 of 11

I alrready scan my computer with McAfee and Malwarebytes so there is any solution for this issue ?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 11

Scan with Stinger and RootkitRemover, both in the last link in my signature below.  If that doesn't help, contact Technical Support as I previously suggested.

fg4071
Former Member
Message 10 of 11

Any of the tools you listed found any malware. But after installing McAfee again i found this error when i tried to scan mi pc. And there is any person who speak spanish on the technical support cause i'm not really good at english thank'.

error5.jpg

Another problem in the Live Chat

chat.jpg

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community