Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 36

Re: Please help me to close ports 134 & 445 in my McAfee Firewall

OK, I guess it's wait and see what comes in via updates.

sydneyguy
Former Member
Message 32 of 36

Hi  Gemini

I uninstalled Mcafee SecurityCenter.  This automatically re-enables the Windows firewall.  You can go into control panel in Windows and just make sure that it is now enabled.  I then ran the Mcafee clean up tool.  Then I logged into my online mcafee account and commenced to download the software.  In the install panel, I selected CUSTOM INSTALL.  If you select this, then you can choose the componants you wish to install such as antivirus, antispam etc.  Just dont select firewall.  Security center will then install minus the firewall. 

I know how you feel as your situation is EXACTLY the same as mine.  Given the update didnt work for you, I am now not so hopeful.  I guess i will try it when i get access to some more broadband bandwidth.  Running out at the moment.  Perhaps Selvan can help you?  He said he would need to get some logs to find out why the fix does not work. 

Regards

sydneyguy
Former Member
Message 33 of 36

Hi Gemini

Given you have the update installed, can I suggest that you do not uninstall the firewall.  I am contacting Selvan (Tech person for Mcafee) to ask if he cant contact you to fix this once and for all. 

Regards

sydneyguy
Former Member
Message 34 of 36

Gemini

Check your Private Messages on this forum as Selvan may try to contact you that way

Regards

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 35 of 36

Hi Sydneyguy,

I have contacted Gemini through PM for establishing a session. I will proceed once he responds..!

Regards

sydneyguy
Former Member
Message 36 of 36

Selvan

Thanks you very much.  Hope the problem can be sorted.  Please let us know for benefit of forum

Regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community