cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rootwilliamson
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

PPTP Connection Error

Hi, I have using a VPN since 2017 but when I configured a PPTP connection, it can’t connect and shows a message that "Firewall block your connection". I am using McAfee in my system. What the actual issue I don’t know?

3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: PPTP Connection Error

Hi @rootwilliamson 

Normally PPTP vpn connecting problem might be caused by incorrect date and time, please check your system date & time. Also please let us know what your windows version and McAfee version installed in your PC.

rootwilliamson
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Time and Date is updated. On other side I am using Windows 10 and McAfee version 1803.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Hi @rootwilliamson 

Please let us know the below information to help you better.

1. McAfee product Name

2. McAfee Version (select McAfee icon on system tray and choose about to see the version information)

3. Did you tried turning off the McAfee firewall?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community