Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 23

Re: New Updated MVT problem

Jump to solution

I've brought this same subject up with regularity at our weekly conference calls.  I see that MVT is "at it again" so will put this on our call agenda for this afternoon.

BornfromJets
Former Member
Message 12 of 23

Jump to solution

Yes, I have this same problem.  I made the mistake of running MVT which updated to the new version and now I have these error messages that don't make sense.  I also

am not thrilled with the new Total Protection "interface" changes.  It's harder to find the tools to clean-up the system.  Why can't things that work well, be left alone?  Also, lost

the desktop shortcut for MVT after the update, and can't find program icon anywhere to run it.  WOW!  And I thought Symantec products were the worst.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 23

Jump to solution

They are aware of it and it will be dealt with a.s.a.p.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Jump to solution

Thank you Peter.....please keep us posted about this

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 23

Jump to solution

If I hear anything I'll post but these things usually just suddenly appear as an updated version.

BigJ
Former Member
Message 16 of 23

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit wrote:

They are aware of it and it will be dealt with a.s.a.p.

Hi Peter still have same problem with version 5.5.1.0 as I just ran it again now. Is it going to take McAfee a month of Sundays to fix MVT? They should run new versions themselves and find these results before releasing it to us consumers.

Jerry

Message was edited by: BigJ on 3/10/10 9:34:21 AM CST

Message was edited by: BigJ on 3/10/10 9:36:56 AM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 23

Jump to solution

I have no idea how long it takes, but I do know they are working on it.  They do test these things obviously but can't test every possible scenarion and setup I guess.

BigJ
Former Member
Message 18 of 23

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit wrote:

I have no idea how long it takes, but I do know they are working on it.  They do test these things obviously but can't test every possible scenarion and setup I guess.

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you get same results using 5.5.1.0 on your 2010 total protection?

Jerry

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 23

Jump to solution

Yes I do.

LakshmiSrinivas
Contributor III
Message 20 of 23

Jump to solution

The issue is fixed.  Please run MVT once again and it should display 'No problems found'.

Thanks.

Lakshmi

QA Lead

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community