Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 1 of 7

New Personal Firewall Build 13.8.712

Earlier this morning, My McAfee Security Center "Build" was updated to 12.8.856

In addition my Personal Firewall "Build" was updated to 13.8.712

My question being is...Starting back with the 13.8.706 Personal Firewall "Build", is I periodically noticed the

Transfer Rate being displayed in the Transfer Rate Summary Graph ( per minute )  being ridicuously High  ( Ingoing-21.04 mb)- ( Outgoing- 17.179.869.184.00 Gb)

It always corrects itself to a "Normal" rate after a Restart, and even does so periodically after a daily Autoupdate.

Is this considered to be a "Glitch in the UI "?  Has anyone else noticed such? I seem to recall back in the "2010" Version (McAfee Total Protection) a few threads created in regards to this same issue.

All my components-protection is functioning fine. Should I be concerned, if you will.

Or simply consider it a "Low Priority annoyance"?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

GodSpeed-CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Personal Firewall Build 13.8.712

I just checked again, it seems to be functioning properly (So far)

Current- incoming- 0.20 kb  Outgoing- 0.10 kb

Average- incoming- 114.20 kb Outgoing-  54.55 kb

Max- Incoming-  5.34 mb  Outgoing- 4.29 mb

Hopefully the new build resolved my issues......

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 7

Agreed mine stable though I am on 12.9 beta

If you notice it again take a pic and post it here and I will chase it up as probably a GUI clitch.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 17/10/13 3:31:09 PM
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Sadly I must say, that the 17,179,869,184.00 Gb has once again displayed this ridiculous "Transfer Rate" (Per Minute)

Thank you Peace Keeper, for your response. I have been inundated with Doctor,s Appointments today, and have exhausted all of my energy.

I will post a picture of the "Transfer Rate" in the Traffic Controller , later after I have had time to rest.

Once again, all seems to be functioning fine, other than this "Glitch"

Thank you for your Response-Concern.....

CaTdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Have a rest doctors appointments can be tiring. Will await that pic.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

" I will post a picture of the transfer Rate in the Traffic Controller, later after I had time to rest"

Actually I intended to state a pic of the Transfer Rate in the "Traffic Monitor"  Again , My (Outgoing) rate has reverted back to the unusually-high Reading in the "Maximun Rate"  Same number 17,179,869,184.00 Gb. I didn,t just fall of the "Turnip Truck" yesterday...but I seem incapable of "Cut,Copy, or pasting a reflection of this "Glitch"

I say "Glitch" for the simple reason all seems to functioning well. I recieve all my Daily Updates, and when running a "Eicar" test, or checking for protection against PUPS, and my Auto Scan starts and runs normally as expected. I might add that my Version change from the 2012 Version-2013 Version was via "Auto Update- Upgrade"

Which I was pleasantly pleased was implemented (without) having to do a restart. Even as I have previously stated, my incremental updates of builds in my different features have taken place,without any difficulty. I might add that I checked all of my add-ons, and all are compatible and up to date.

I even ran a "Multitude" of scans with other recommended Malware tools, in "Safe Mode", "Safe Mode with Networking, and even momentarily turned off "SystemProtection" and Running a scan with "MalwareBytes (Free), Hitman Pro, etc..

yet no malware is present.

Since all of my features are working properly-excluding this (Outgoing) display in my "Traffic Monitor"

I personally don,t think I should go through a Uninstall-reinstall....Again, I was simply wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

After following other posts, and Issues...this seems to be of less importance. Especially since I have no "Protection Issues" Thank you for your assitance and attention to this matter. As always, for the "Moderators and Support Staff"

Keep up the "Good Work"   It is sincerely appreciated.....

GodSpeed-CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Capture.PNG

I,m Transferring this capture of the (OutGoing) max rate of the "Traffic Controller" as you earlier requested.

I hope it is clear enough to see? I mistakedly posted this in the "Home-Office" section...

Thank you for all of your assistance.

Warm Regards,

CatDaddy   P.S. The rate in question is-  Max- Incoming  13,83 mb

Max-Outgoing    17,179,869.184.00

It reflects this identical "Ridiculously High" (Outgoing) rate on each instance. However, even with this "Glitch" it seems.All seems to be working fine.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community