Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe350
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Need Help with Application and the mcafee firewall

Hello guys !

My name is Jonathan, am new in the Mcafee family..

Maybe someone can help me with something, i have i little network. I just finished to install Mcafee Total Protection.

Everything work fine..

But now i try to install " REFLECTION "  ( This is a software for mirroring my ipad/iphone on my pc )..

the installation is easy and the configuration too but the firewall block the tcp et udp port.. for make sure, i put the firewall to off and i try the apps again.. Perfect! works !

So i put open the port

TCP ports 7000, 47000, 7100, 49228, 50259 andUDP 62572, 54780  And the firewall back on. Everything work !

So now is my problem, when the firewall is off, no issue with the connection.. but when the firewall is on, the software work but the software lost the connection around 5 sec.. and she come back.. like is the firewall reset the connection around all 5-10 sec..

I try lost way but i don't find the good solution..

Sorry for my english ! i speak french ! lol

Thanks you !! 

Jonathan

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need Help with Application and the mcafee firewall

Hi Jonathan

My French is rather rusty I'm afraid so if I were you I would use a browser translator.

Open SecurityCenter > Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connection for Programs

It takes a while to load.  If you click the word Program at the top it will re-arrange them alphabetically.

Locate your software and, using the Edit button, make sure permission is full access, and perhaps toggle Net Guard on or off for it to see it makes a difference.

Other than that I'm not sure what else to suggest other than consult the software support site and/or contact Technical Support via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page. 

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/06/13 2:30:21 EDT PM
joe350
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi Peter!

thanks for the reply.. i fallow your instructin but when i try to add the program, error message come " the program is already in " something like that..

i told me the programme is already there.. but i don't see the program ?!?

Thanks Peter!

Jonathan

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Do not Add it, Edit it to see if it has full access.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community