Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WiredIn
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Mobile Hotspot does not allow connected devices to receive internet

Jump to solution

My Windows 10 laptop usually lets my connected devices, through the Mobile Hotspot, receive internet.

But McAfee blocks the internet now. I have to turn off the firewall to be able to connect to the internet.

I need a fix for this, what do I need to turn off in the McAfee firewall to be able to give out internet through the Mobile Hotspot.

I am not comfortable with turning it off just to give out internet data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mobile Hotspot does not allow connected devices to receive internet

Jump to solution

Hello @WiredIn,

Please try whitelisting the device IP addressess and let us know if it helps resolving the issue.

Kindly use the link mentioned below to help whitelist the IP addressess of the devices connecting to your machine's hotspot.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS102852&lang=en-US

Thanks,

Sundar

McAfee Support

(Note: Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply. This will help others find a solution for this issue.)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @WiredIn,

Please try whitelisting the device IP addressess and let us know if it helps resolving the issue.

Kindly use the link mentioned below to help whitelist the IP addressess of the devices connecting to your machine's hotspot.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS102852&lang=en-US

Thanks,

Sundar

McAfee Support

(Note: Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply. This will help others find a solution for this issue.)

BestusefulTips
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

I have facing Wi-Fi connected but not working issues on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10. How do i fix this issue?

BestusefulTips
sivasubramanian
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

@BestusefulTips 

Please follow our article and check if it works

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
AkhileshSharma
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Link provided does not work.  Somehow I was able to open article by searcing by ID but it specify nothing and absolutely useless. Does not work.  I do not know, why and who marked it a solution.  If anybody has found option to enable Mobile Hotspot on PC/Laptop to allow other phones to connect to use internet on McAfee Security Endpoint please share details.

Riss
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello, did you ever find a solution for this ? 

The McAfee links mentioned above are no longer relevant / linked correctly.  

I've been struggling with this for months and really need a solution, please let me know if you found a fix.

Thanks

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?page=shell&shell=contact-support

Try contacting support see what they say

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community