cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmardis
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Total Protection Firewall problem and I need help

I installed some new cartridges for my printer...they are the right cartridges for my Lexmark X5650 but having problems printing.   I ran the printer wizard and it tells me that the firewall, McAfee Total Protection, is blocking two .exe files that it needs in order to work. It tells me that I need to do something with the access list in order for McAfee firewall to unblock the two files. I have no idea how to find the access list in McAfee and I probably would not even know what to do once I found it.  Is there an access list and if so where would I find it? 

OS  Windows 7 the two files are:    lxducom.exe and lxduwbgw.exe

Thanks!

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Total Protection Firewall problem and I need help

Moved this to Personal Firewall.

Open the software interface and click Web and Email Protection > Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs - this takes a while to load. (Hint: click the word Program at the top of the list to rearrange them alphabetically)

Add those if they aren't there already or Edit them if already there to make sure they have full permission and try experimenting with toggling off or on the Net Guard.

Normally the simple act of changing an ink cartridge shouldn't even involve these settings so you may wish to ask Technical Support for help if this doesn't help.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked below:

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community