Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 17

Re: Internet connection but no internet connection

I am at a bit of a loss to the reason for this as it probably involves a wireless connection, am I right?   Not too up on those, or even general network issues to be honest.

I just Googled "itunes broke internet" (minus the "" of course) and got numerous hits in the Apple forums which might help you.

I'll flag this internally and see if anyone has some ideas.   You never know, someone else may have experienced this or a McAfee engineer may be reading the posts.

Sorry I can't find a quick fix.

Veeber
Former Member
Message 12 of 17

It's both wired and wireless connections that are affected. I can browse the laptop from this PC but no the other way around (luckly I can backup my stuff). I've tried various scanner, all picking up only tracking cookies.

I've googled similar topics on google, but none have worked as of yet.

Thank for the help that you have given me.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 17

If I think of anything else I will certainly let you know.    The last thing to check would be your router  for firmware updates, default settings etc.

iTunes/Quicktime may have altered something.

I have already flagged this internally, so hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject will come along.

I use iTunes but have never experienced this otherwise I might have some ideas.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/03/12 1:05:49 EDT PM
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 14 of 17

Hi There,

Are you still facing the internet connectivity issue?

Veeber
Former Member
Message 15 of 17

I decided to uninstall iTunes to see if that would help, but it just ended up giving a BSoD. The crash was so bad that it couldn't load up, couldn't repair the startup, couldn't access system restore. The startup repair lasted for 7 hours and didn't do anything.

Reformat and all that and I have internet access now.

Seems an issue with iTunes since everything revolved around it.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 16 of 17

Glad you are okay now.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 17

Veeber, have you posted a question on the Apple iTunes Forum?   I find they are pretty helpful there.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/04/12 9:45:56 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community