cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deathstalker
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Incoming connections blocked. A cause for concern?

Jump to solution

I've recently been studying my Security History and stumbled upon more than 2500 of incoming connections blocked over 3 most recent days. Some of the IPs are unindentifiable while some others seem to be from legit sites. The logs only appear when I'm surfing websites so I want to know if this should be of any concern.

I've scanned my computer, and I do this often just to be sure nothing bad is happening. Everything seems clean so far.

I've also checked some of the IPs on TrustedSource and found that most are not blacklisted sites or IPs.

My Firewall settings are default, nothing's been changed since I bought the computer. Also, only 2 ports have been opened - Common operating system port and Universal Plug and Play port. As I'm not an expert in this, I never dare to mess with any of the Firewall settings. So far, my computer is behaving as normal. Everything is functioning well and I can access most websites without problems.

Several of the IPs that have been blocked as follows:

Again, I would like to know if it is normal to have many incoming connections blocked while surfing websites? Is it a cause for concern?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incoming connections blocked. A cause for concern?

Jump to solution

Yes it's normal and simply a running record of some of what the firewall is stopping.  We all have those items, except perhaps those behind corporate or institutional firewalls that block such things.  There's no need to be concerned about it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Yes it's normal and simply a running record of some of what the firewall is stopping.  We all have those items, except perhaps those behind corporate or institutional firewalls that block such things.  There's no need to be concerned about it.

deathstalker
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you for the speedy reply!

I can now rest assured that these are safe and normal.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

OK, have a Happy New Year.

😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community