Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wubian
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

I have no control on mcafee firewall

Hello

Sorry for my poor English. 

yesterday a bought McaFee premium subscription. after installing windows pc program I found that there is nothing to control firewall except on/of button. 

for example I want to block specific program from accessing to internet but there is nothing I can do. 

before McAfee I used Bitdefender and it have a very powerful Firewall. after some research and viewing some youtube videos I decided to switch to mcafee but mcafee firewall has nothing. I don't know what should I do? where is mcafee firewall setting and ... ? 

and for me firewall is absolutely important! so please let me know how can I manage my mcafee firewall? 

6 Replies
wubian
Contributor II
Message 2 of 7

Re: I have no control on mcafee firewall

here is two more screenshot of my mcafee firewall:

Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).png

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hello,

at end of 2022 McAfee has started to roll out a New version for Livesafe and Totalprotection with a new lightweight architecture.

it has also received a complete new Firewall

this is explained in the following service article;

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS103342&page=shell&shell=article-view

this article should be opened in English.

you can change language; go to top on rightside op page and click on World icon next to Login.

there you can change language setting.

also the following article can be of help perhaps for creating rules in Windows Defender Firewall;

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS103407&page=shell&shell=article-view

hope this can be of help for you

greetings

wubian
Contributor II
Message 4 of 7

Hi

Thank you for your reply. 

I have already read these articles. But I can't find my answer. 

So I ask my question again. is there any way I can block specific program from access internet(outbound) even if mcafee don't think it is a risky connection or not? 

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Since the start of the introduction of the New Firewall release there have been several topics in this forum.

users missing the option for the Outbound connection to block specific program that was possible in the previous legacy version.

as it stands currently it is not possible for the Outbaund connection which is now handles automatic by McAfee and the Inbound by Windows Defender Firewall.

maybe users feedback that has been done in this forum that McAfee will introduce this again in near future back again....................

wubian
Contributor II
Message 6 of 7

Hi

Thank you for replying. 

It was very bad decision made by McAfee in an absolutely competitive market of AV market. it is 2hour I'm considering refund for these two reason: 

1- as a server manager I need a full firewall control and believe me or not windows' firewall is not something reliable. 

2- is I can't exclude .dll files from real time scanning in my lab. 

If you can't control a program in a desired way, it should not remain in your environment.

Best Regards

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

no problem and i understand your point of view.

what i am noticing is that in the Consumer market more and more AV products are changing the way to what McAfee has now done in the new version.

using Windows Defender Firewall and another layer of the AV itself with little or no control for the user.

maybe the following could be of interest for you;

McAfee has sold their Enterprise business in 2021 and is now a standalone company.

it is rebranded to the name Trellix

since you are a server manager maybe it is worth a look at their website and could fit better to your needs perhaps;

https://www.trellix.com/products/endpoint-security/

hope this info can be of help to find your desired product

greetings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community