cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
king2be98
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

How to connect after a patch.

I was playing Starcraft II fine up until the new patch was applied, that is the game patch. There's nothing wrong with the patch, I am certain of this before anyone says check the patch of the game out. The patch is not the problem Macafee is.

I've given full access to Starcraft 2 and Blizzard in the program exceptions of Macafee and still Macafee won't let me play. It will constantly ask me do I want to give access to the program or not? Of course I want to and I've specified it in the firewall settings for Macafee. I'm not happy, really not happy, this is my one day off every fortnight and I like to spend it gaming but because of Macafee I can't.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do? Is there something I'm missing?

If I can't sort it out soon, I'm going to uninstall Macafee and go for another security system.

5 Replies
king2be98
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to connect after a patch.

I'll type the exact message that Macafee brings up.

"Macafee detected a program on your PC that is trying to access the internet. You allowed this program once before, but it's recently changed. Protect your PC by allowing internet access for programs you trust."

The program is Starcraft II and there are two options, I select allow always, I've done this umpteen times, restarting the game as well.

The point is I shouldn't have to if I've included it in the program exceptions and given it full access.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

As it's the weekend and technicians patrolling the forums are scarce I would contact Technical Support Chat via Useful Links at the top of this page, they should be able to get you up and running OK.

They are open 24/7.

Meanwhile you might want to consult with your fellow gamers here:  http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/04/11 8:25:30 EDT AM
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Please let me know if you enabled Smart Advice >> Decide automatically under Firewall settings.

untitled.JPG

king2be98
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Original it was on "Ask me to decide", so I changed to decide automatically and tried it, still no luck. Then I turned off enable smart device and still no luck.

So now it's back to where it was originally, "Ask me to decide."

king2be98
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Spent ages and ages trying everything but I have found a temporary solution at least, that was to restore default settings, which means I'll have to add all my programs to the exception list again. But thankfully I'm online.

Starcraft patches onces a week, so I guess I'll find out what happens next.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community