cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjones124
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

How do I block ports, specifically UDP 5060-5063?

Jump to solution

I am running a Java based call center program, and they are telling me I need to either not use my McAfee firewall, or figure out a way to block UDP ports 5060 to 5063.  I don't see where to do this?  Help please!

Thanks!

Gordon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do I block ports, specifically UDP 5060-5063?

Jump to solution

Moved to Personal Firewall for better support.  In this day and age, when malicious online threats are rampant, that is absolutely the wrong advice for any  responsible organization to give to anyone.  They should tailor their software to work properly and request access like everyone else's.   I can't believe I'm actually reading this, but I quite believe you.

You can indeed block (or open, or stealth) ports in Firewall settings.

Open the interface by double-clickng the icon by the system clock or via a short cut or the Start Menu item.

Click Web and Email Protection then click Firewall

Scroll down.  Click Ports and System Services

Click Add then enter a Service Name, then a Category & Description as you wish.

Then the Port numbers, separated by commas in the UDP category. e.g. 5060,5061,5062,5063

Click Save.

Then go back to that item and deselect it, click Save & that will then block it.

If you need assistance doing this Technical Support is available free of charge by telephone here:  Contact Support

----

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

View solution in original post

11 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Moved to Personal Firewall for better support.  In this day and age, when malicious online threats are rampant, that is absolutely the wrong advice for any  responsible organization to give to anyone.  They should tailor their software to work properly and request access like everyone else's.   I can't believe I'm actually reading this, but I quite believe you.

You can indeed block (or open, or stealth) ports in Firewall settings.

Open the interface by double-clickng the icon by the system clock or via a short cut or the Start Menu item.

Click Web and Email Protection then click Firewall

Scroll down.  Click Ports and System Services

Click Add then enter a Service Name, then a Category & Description as you wish.

Then the Port numbers, separated by commas in the UDP category. e.g. 5060,5061,5062,5063

Click Save.

Then go back to that item and deselect it, click Save & that will then block it.

If you need assistance doing this Technical Support is available free of charge by telephone here:  Contact Support

----

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

BTW I'm assuming you are using the consumer software.   If not, I can't help except to move it to another area of this community.

Let me know 😉

gjones124
Former Member
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Thank you very much Peter, I will reinstall and see how it works with the VOIP software.  Indeed, this was what they told me, and they are a fairly significant company in the remote call center software business.  I will pass this on, since they were not able to tell me how to do this.

Yes, it is consumer.

Thanks again!

Gordon

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

It has been known for both 'Voip/SIP'  Applications/ Software to experience issues with NAT/Firewall Restrictions. SIP especially as it utilizes Port 5060.

Just thought I would add that..

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Glad to help.  Not surprised that they couldn't take you through the steps as there are so many different firewalls out there.

Normally with any software the firewall would detect and set up pretty-well automatically, but this sounds to be different.  I use a VOIP client myself and never had to set up anything.

But a call center, never, so good luck with that.   I would have thought Enterprise software would have been more suited, but what I am not sure.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Different folks (& software), different strokes, as the saying goes  😉

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

I agree . Like you I believe Enterprise Software would be better suited, especially it being classified as a ' Call Center ' Software.  There is a lengthy article in regards to this....Having said that. I got confused at all the recommendations...in other words, 'Over my Head', if you will.  LOL...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

Here is one which mentions 'Call Centers" NAT and VOIP - voip-info.org

Another one   SIP - voip-info.org

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

Locking this discussion as it has been 'Correctly Answered'.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community