cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PipBoy2187
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Home internet gets disconnected after connecting to VPN

I have a home user on a Win 10 laptop whose internet connection drops when she connects to the corporate split-tunnel VPN. She's okay on the VPN, but cannot access any non-VPN network sites, say, weather.com, etc. It's like the firewall (?) doesn't allow split-tunneling. She's using McAfee Security Center v18.4 which includes McAfee Personal Security v19.4. Has anyone else seen this? If so, is there a setting to enable it?

8 Replies
natasha34
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Home internet gets disconnected after connecting to VPN

have been searching for the same update.Thanks for the elaborated information.However, I have another query regarding the Arlo Q.My Arlo Q is not accepting to connect with Alexa and Google wifi.I have tried out for the factory resetting as mentioned in arlo app for pc .It doesnt seem to work.Does anybody have any recommendations or explanatory solutions or tips to get rid of this discrepancies? 

sivasubramanian
Message 3 of 9

@natasha34 

Please follow the steps as per in our article and enable the port 80, 443 in McAfee firewall. Also add the below ports in McAfee firewall

Port No. 4070 in TCP

Port No. 27000 - 27030 in UDP

Please update us the status.

Regards

Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
PipBoy2187
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

The home user tried that and even removed the McAfee software and still had the disconnect issue. She's going to use her desktop for some tasks instead. Thanks for your assistance!  😃

ashleylisa446
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Is your Alexa device not replying back? Looking for someone who can provide you proper guidance? If yes, then don’t look further than Alexa Helpline. Alexa Helpline is a group of expert technicians who can fix your Alexa device in a short span of time.  Alexa Yellow Light

echohelpline
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Is your Echo device unable to discover devices? Getting frustrated! If yes, then you have reached the right place. Echo Helpline is a group of expert technicians who can fix your Alexa device in a short span of time.  Echo Helpline

nzhomeware
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Do you want elegant freestanding bath for your latest designed bathroom? If yes, then what are you waiting for? NZhomeware is here to help you. We provide a wide range of fashionable and affordable freestanding bath. So hurry up and visit us now! Sink mixer

jameshall143
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I was looking on Google about this post and fortunately got this website. Thanks  a ton. Do you really want to know about linksys re 6400 setup, then just click here right away to get experts help on this topic.

georgescott142
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I am glad to read this post of yours. Keep sharing more information. Also There is a possibility that you might be unhappy with the performance of your current internet connection, which is why you can replace it with a Wavlink mesh wifi system. You can do the wavlink router setup with a web browser using the web address wifi.wavlink.com.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community