Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pxartist
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

High Amount of Risky Connections Blocked

Jump to solution

Within a course of two days, the McAfee firewall has blocked at least 844 risky connections. 

Should I be concerned? I've already ran a full scan on my system and nothing turned up.

High_RConnections.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sivasubramanian
Message 4 of 6

Re: High Amount of Risky Connections Blocked

Jump to solution

@Pxartist 

Our article will help you to know about the protection of cryptojacking.  This article will brief about the risky connections blocked in your pc Your McAfee software blocked risky connections

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? give Kudos if appropriate

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
woodsro
Contributor II
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

The 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.10 are private IP Address, those most likely correspond to devices on your LAN. Have you trusted your home network under the "Privacy Menu" ---> Protect Network   ?

The other ones are most likely just bots scanning for open ports. I don;'t think you have anything to worry about, the connections were blocked so nothing was able to get in.

Pxartist
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

A few days ago, my system was afflicted with a cryptojacking virus. Due to the rapidly rising temperatures and slow scan rate of the antivirus, I decided to perform a system reset. 

Is there any way to tell if the virus was fully removed from the system? 

Would the high number of risky connections blocked be a sign that it is still present, as well as the fact that my system is now more prone to heating up to 70 - 80 degrees Celsius when it used to only stay at around 40 degrees even when under moderate load?

sivasubramanian
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

@Pxartist 

Our article will help you to know about the protection of cryptojacking.  This article will brief about the risky connections blocked in your pc Your McAfee software blocked risky connections

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? give Kudos if appropriate

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
cavehomme1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

If I were you, I would download and install the free version of Malwarebytes, update it, and do a full scan with it, including enabling the rootkits option. If that comes up OK, then you may have some other kind of problem with your browser.

However, it is possible for a browser to get messed after malware removed, so you might also need to fully uninstall your browser, delete any profiles if it is Firefox, and install a freshly downloaded version.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

The risky connections blocked is a normal McAfee security history and can be high depending on use. My worry would be why the temperature increase try  checking with task manager what program is causing this. IE high disk usage or cpu. The Malwarebytes suggestion is a good one as well.

Just ensure that the full version with real time scanning is not installed or at least that feature deactivated as it may clash with McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community