cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarek1
Contributor III
Message 11 of 13

Re: Help with Firewall Configuration

All installed apps cannot be blocked whether using inbound and outbound rules in the defender firewall. I tried many apps with same result. The old McAfee Firewall was working OK

I think there was other steps like ip address, port number,  in the defender firewall that are not easy to detect for any user. These were automatically detected in the old McAfee firewall

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 13

in the other topic mcafee mod has posted a knowledge article about Firewall rules. 

will post link here also;

McAfee KB - McAfee firewall inbound rules aren’t migrated after updating LiveSafe or Total Protectio...

at end of article it is  mentioning how about to create inbound rules in Windows Firewall.

in section how to create inbound port rule there is a purple color section.

this note advises to use Custom since you are given all  options present

just when i was thinking there should be an knowledge base article maybe this can be of help ?...................

Srfnken
Contributor III
Message 13 of 13

@Tarek1 

The new firewall is useless.  I have another thread about this and the moderator says it is now the new system.  Time to ditch McAfee as their new firewall is not a firewall at all.  It is all a joke.  I have already gotten a trojen on my PC because of it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community