cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarek1
Contributor III
Message 1 of 13

Help with Firewall Configuration

I am using Mcafee multidevice since 2 years. There was a very good firewall.

With the recent update, all firewall features are not present with just a link to Windows firewall which is not effective 

Firewall was one of the most important features I need. Without it, the program is useless for me. Please help..... How can I restore it? Why removed from the program? 

Can I restore the last version with the firewall working?

I am using Windows 10 

12 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 13

Re: Help with Firewall Configuration

Hi,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the issue.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Tarek1
Contributor III
Message 3 of 13

Replied with all required details

Useless_Program
Contributor II
Message 4 of 13

ALL OF THE FIREWALL RULES SUDDENLY WERE GONE,  AND THE BLOCKED PROGRAMS SUDDENLY HAD AN INTERNET CONNECTION which imposed a HUGE security risk on my pc.

Mcafee is the threat, not the solution.
This is called backstapping!!

Spent HOURS with customer service. The agent promised he could fix that, asked to do a remote session, kept wandering aimlessly and asked me to use windows firewall.
That was his solution.
I am ending my subscription and moving to bit defender.

ronyguevara
Contributor III
Message 5 of 13

I don't believe that McAfee return to its own firewall, I think for them is very easy remove options and functions (less work for them). I've used McAfee since more than 10 years ago, I've seen how McAfee continue desintegrate, finally yesterday I've taked a decision, was hard for me because I've paid a license for the next 10 years. But I think the security is not a joke, I've made my own decision, then I've purchased Bitdefender Total Security and Bitdefender Premium VPN, McAfee is in decadence for me McAfee is in the past now. If you ask for help maybe the customer support, will said you need paid for an enterprise license, is not the first time they said to me.

You can compare options: https://www.av-comparatives.org and https://www.av-test.org which is best for your needs.

Tarek1
Contributor III
Message 6 of 13

Simply, we just need an answer from any Staff member/Moderator here. Is there any plan to restore this removed Firewall feature? 

Tarek1
Contributor III
Message 7 of 13

@krishna55 Waiting for your help please

I cannot set the same rules with defender firewall

krishna55
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Tarek1,

Greetings from McAfee.

This is the latest advanced version setup in WPS and this is working as per design. This firewall will allow you to use all the applications without setting up any rules. Let us know if it blocks any of your applications or programs.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Tarek1
Contributor III
Message 9 of 13

@krishna55 

I have set rules for some apps using the old firewall, now I tried to set same rules with advanced Firewall but failed

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 13

as suggestion, maybe you can post one  example rule for krishna55 that could be entered in the old Firewall and is not possible in the new Firewall  ?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community