cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f4d3toblack
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

HELP - Connecting Xbox 360 as Extender

I am trying to connect my Xbox 360 as an extender to Media Centre but it keeps saying that McAfee firewall is blocking it. I have tried disabling Mcafee firewall but it still says the same message. I have tried restoring firewall back to default but this hasnt helped either. I have a Dell Inspiron on Windows 7 64bit.

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 7

Re: HELP - Connecting Xbox 360 as Extender

f4d3toblack
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I have already followed these links and there is no info on there to stop Mcafee firewall blocking the Media Centre. It would seem this is a very common issue an I find it extremely frustrating that I pay for a service that is stopping me from streaming media. I have been on Mcafee's online support and they couldnt help either........

Someone must have an answer....

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 7

Will bring it up at our Monday moderator call on your behalf

djfil
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Same issue with McAfee Firewall disabled?  Could be an issue with the router not allowing that traffic.  Or maybe try with McAfee comletely uninstalled, maybe McAfee should be reinstalled to resolve an issue.  I also use the Xbox 360 as Extender with McAfee running and have no issues at all.

masone
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Was having the same issue today...

Took a risk but I disabled Mcafee for 15 minutes and did the "Add extender" set up in Windows Media Center. Set up completed and it's working/streaming fine through my Xbox although i havn't reset my PC so not sure if it's a definite fix yet.

Good luck dude!

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

So Mcafee reenabled it still works?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community