Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piet43
Contributor
Message 31 of 39

Re: Firewall stops streaming data to TV set after 15 minutes

Hi Dinesh,

After McAfee collected trace/log data about 2 month ago, I have not heard from them again.

Can you perhaps give me an update on the progress made towards the resolution of this problem ?

Thanks.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 32 of 39

The last information I  heard back from the team was that they tried calling you but unfortunately they were unable toreach you ! Please check your email , I have sent you with one so as we may set up a call back time .

Regards,

Message was edited by: Dinz on 6/4/12 10:04:22 AM GMT-06:00
piet43
Contributor
Message 33 of 39

Hi,

I still can't understand why people from the McAfee fail to reach my telephone.The calls don't appear on my number registration system.

But I did answer your email  on june 6th ( I proposed a call on june 7 or 8 ), and have not heard  from you since.

Thanks

October 10th , 2012

I got a private message from ' Karthiks ' to give it a try with the latest releases.

F.y.i.  I'm running Security center  11.6.434

Virus scan         15.6.231

Problem is still the same , and still would like to get some feedback from McAfee on the traces they made twice.

Thanks    

Message was edited by: piet43 on 10/10/12 4:45:28 AM CDT
anothermac
Former Member
Message 34 of 39

Re: Firewall stops streaming data to TV set after 20 minutes

I too have the same problem - Trying to find out if there is a solution yet..  Exactly 15 minutes of video streaming from my PC to Samsung TV before connection is lost.  I am using Windows 8 with Windows Media Player (not Center) 12 acting as the DLNA server for the Samsung TV.  Everything is fine if I disable the McAfee Firewall. 

FYI  I'm running Internet Security 2013 

Security Center 12.1.253

Virus Scan         16.1.144

Firewall              13.1.127

This is somewhat sad that the McAfee firewall is interrupting a primary, built-in Windows component.  I could understand if this was second party DLNA server, but it is not.

Please advise if a fix has been found (I too have tried diagnostics + live chat with no success)  thanks

anothermac
Former Member
Message 35 of 39

By the way, the original poster (piet43) said that he added TCP/UDP ports fo the local environment based on some sort of Microsoft knowledge base data. I would like some info on this.

piet43
Contributor
Message 36 of 39

Hi,

McAfee still has not come up with a solution on this subject, that is allready 'active' for some years now.

They made traces twice, had several phone call's but at the end it doesn't seem to interest them.

I can can give you the ports that seem to be of interest when you don't use the standard Windows firewall, and are then not opened automaticly when using media sharing.

Port                Protocol               Scope

1900               UDP                local subnet only

2869               TCP                   ''         ''

10243             TCP                   ,,        ,,

10280-10284  UDP                  ,,        ,,

Via private mail McAfee checks now and than if the problem has gone ??????????????

Good luck.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 37 of 39

This wasn't helped by Dinz moving jobs, sorry about that.  I have just emailed my support contacts and hopefully someone will look in here soon.

jpeast
Former Member
Message 38 of 39

Hello, I was having the same problem. Streaming from PC to TV via network using DLNA protocol with Mcafee firewall on. After many try and reasearch I foud that by adding the adress 127.0.0.1 to the network adress in firewall solved the issue.

I am not sure that it is safe regarding to security so l like to have the opinion of peaples here.

Regards,

JP

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 39 of 39

As this thread is so old and the software has changed drastically since it started I suggest you start a new one if there is a problem.   Adding 127.0.0.1 should be safe.

127.0.0.1: "A loopback address; a non-routable IP address that is defined as referring to the "local" computer."

Locking this thread.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/10/13 5:27:02 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community