Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 21 of 39

Re: Firewall stops streaming data to TV set after 15 minutes

piet43 wrote:

Hi creator,

I can't disable Intrusion detection .This is blocked by my ISP.

Instead I disabled my Internet connection, because this I can program on the router. ( I understand this is not the same you suggested )

Next to that I went to static IP adresses, and ran the test again. Same problem after 15 minutes.

Hi Piet Zuijderduijn,

Now, I can't speak for your setup.

I can speak for mine.

I don't have a TV at this time, that I can stream Recorded TV Programs to, from my Hard Drive.

I do have a D-Link DNS-323 2-Bay Network Storage Enclosure, which I move my Recorded TV Programs to, then I stream from that Hard Drive to the Computer and its Monitor without problems as long as I have Intrusion Detection Off and NetGuard Off.

Basically, the TV needs two-way communication with your computer in order to keep up with the streaming. You have a Range listed in the McAfee Firewall for your Home Network. You don't need to add a specific IP Address for it to work.

> 6. Both desktop PC and TV are connected via lan-cables to router (and ADSL modem)

Question: Is the PC and TV both Hard-wired to the Router and the Router to plugged from its WAN port to the ADSL Modem?

You don't have the PC plugged into the ADSL Modem and the TV plugged into the Router?

All devices are plugged into the Router or routed Wirelessly through the Router to the ADSL Modem?

piet43
Contributor
Message 22 of 39

Hi creator,

Both TV and desktop PC are connected via lan cables to the router.Router and ADSL modem are  one device !

There is only one series of IP-adresses defined in the McAfee firewall 192 .............0-255 , never ending.

Two-way traffic is possible , remember : if McAfee firewall is OFF, streaming runs fore ever. !   

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 23 of 39

piet43 wrote:

Hi creator,

Both TV and desktop PC are connected via lan cables to the router.Router and ADSL modem are  one device !

There is only one series of IP-adresses defined in the McAfee firewall 192 .............0-255 , never ending.

Two-way traffic is possible , remember : if McAfee firewall is OFF, streaming runs fore ever. !   

Hi Piet Zuijderduijn,

I like McAfee products, but you have found a serious bug in the McAfee Firewall.

I  would contact McAfee Support  (which is completely free) and tell them you found a serious bug, in the operation of your Home Network.  See if they want to use Go to Assist or something else to go into your computer and retrieve logs and see if they can fix it. Adding a specific IP Address that falls within the Range of IP Addresses, isn't a fix. There is programming bug.

I would uninstall this current version of McAfee that you own and sign up for the McAfee Beta that does not expire and see if the problem is fixed with that Firewall.

http://beta.mcafee.com/BetaMcAfee/Home.aspx?cookieCheck=true

If that doesn't work, uninstall McAfee and go with Microsoft Security Essentials.

piet43
Contributor
Message 24 of 39

To Ex_Brit,

I hope you will be able in your conference call with the McAfee staff to get them interested in this problem and, even better, to solve it.

I can't get any further than their online chat- box (which I contacted twice ) and they also don't re-act on the email I have sent them, and

added to this forum.

So the only thing left for me seems to be to disable their product, as the people I chat with don't bring it to a next support level.

Message was edited by: piet43 on 3/25/12 4:58:15 AM CDT
piet43
Contributor
Message 25 of 39

Hi creator,

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

I will wait to see if Ex_Brit can get an opening in the conference call with McAfee on monday,  before taking other steps.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 39

I will do my best.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 27 of 39

Hi Piet,

I have sent you an email so as we can schedule a call back from our team to diagnose more on this issue. Please have the same replied so as we could proceed further with this .

Regards,

piet43
Contributor
Message 28 of 39

Hi Dinesh,

Appriciate your efforts, please see my answer from yesterday on your mail.

Regards

piet43
Contributor
Message 29 of 39

Hi Dinesh,

I have sent my answers  to your email again on 28th march.

Please respond, or tell me why you don't.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 30 of 39

Sorry for the deferred reply, was away from  the mailbox for some time, , , I have responded back to your email with the call back details .

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community