cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoZe
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Firewall settings reset ! McAfee wake up

Ok guys i am really pissed off now i don't understand how you people can sell such crap products with such low low low quality testing and so many bugs in them, first of all the detection rates of malware are hilarious , free products do a much better job then yours + they give a lot less false positives , and even if they do give false positives they offer the ability to ignore that specific file, mcafee has only a list of "Trusted Programs" but you can't add files there, why did you even put it there if it cant be used ? i had problems with your security software since the first day i both it and i regret a lot that i chose mcafee to protect me ,i can't even tell you how much frustration and problems your software caused me since they day i got it on my pc , i had to reinstall it more then 7 times since i got it cause of the bugs it has or other issues that it caused, i don't even want to remember the bad dat incident.

I won't go into detailing the problems i had with it in the past ,but the problems don't stop they just keep coming and coming one after another i mean really guys what are you doing all day ? do you even work on your products? i don't know what is going on in your company where do you hire your employees from , do you check on them ? do you even care about your reputation and the stuff you sell , they way your products perform , the features they offer, the satisfaction of your clients? do you even read this forums , i see issues posted over and over here and yet no one takes any action to solve them.

Today i downloaded a program that required internet access, and noticed it connected to the internet with no problems , this of course turned my attention to mcafee, i checked the firewall settings and puff what do you know ? they rested, outgoing access to all my programs, open ports,protection during startup not marked, i then thot to myself - are this guys serious ? how can this be possible ? your software just resets like this on it's own and leaves my pc so vulnerable ?

I had the settings on Stealth of course , no open ports and protection during startup enabled, as every pc should - to avoid nasty surprises.

This exact issue happend to me in the past also, about 5-6 months ago , and i saw a lot of other people with similar problems, don't you care even a bit about your customers, you know -the people that pay for your products and services ?

Do you expect us to check everytime we start our pc if your software's settings are ok and that they didn't reset? don't you see this problem and many many many other that your products have ,why don't you do anything to solve them ?

The only people that i see showing interest in this problems are the volunteer moderators and just a few other users that can't do anything to fix them, they report the problems to " The Top" but no one there is doing anything about them.

I had enough of this BS , i will change my antivirus, even tho my subscription expires after 1 year and a half.

on 2/4/11 3:30:49 PM CST
2 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Firewall settings reset ! McAfee wake up

Hey Doze, Sad that i have to agree with some of what you said.I have had problems since day 1 myself.All on a clean new computer.Although i did not respond to bash Mcafee.I agree with some of your concerns.When you have a company this large you would expect a pretty tight product.Nothing is flawless,but it is 2011& the 2010 product seems to still have issues.I also agree that some of the members here is your best chance at a solution most of the time.Unless you ask a Question that either no one can answer.Or they don`t think it would be a good idea to answer.Still waiting myself for  a functional & stable version.                                                             good luck

slare
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Firewall settings reset ! McAfee wake up

i have to agree with this as i still have another year with McAfee and there product is really bad if they dont fix these problems and get better detection rates im going to choose another vendor like, eset

Message was edited by: slare on 2/4/11 2:31:51 PM CST

on 2/4/11 2:32:13 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community