cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmwenger007
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Firewall resetting permissions for programs

I handle the computers at my church.  I have two computers running McAfee that about every week, I have to go in and reallow programs.  I am attempting to keep TeamViewer, Chrome, and Flash updated, but almost every week they are blocked again.

Why does this keep happening?  If I allow a program, I did it for a reason and the software shouldn't force me to change it each and every time I want to use that program.

We are paying way to much for a service that is starting to get in our way.  It decided that a website we normally use is outside of "McAfee's" usage policy.  It isn't in your hands to decide what I can and can't use.  It is my responsiblilty.

Make this right or we will be one more unsatisifed customer who will not be coming back.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Firewall resetting permissions for programs

You will always be asked if you want to update things like those, no matter what settings you use, it's a security precaution and isn't just the firewall that's acting, SiteAdvisor and even your own browser and Windows iteself have checks and balances in place to ensure safety.

I would ask Technical Support for an opinion if I were you.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

I think you'd find most security companies' software act similarly.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community